Fangz, by Game Whizzes - The undead never looked so good!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Game Whiz, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game Whiz

Game Whiz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Janitor/Developer/Whatever needs to be done around
    Portugal
    #1 Game Whiz, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    UPDATE:

Fangz was submitted to Apple three days ago and should be in the app store next week! It'll also have a simultaneous Android release :D

Here are the game's trailers:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

We're still a couple of months away from releasing our game, but we're getting closer and closer, and we're finally able to share a small teaser trailer.

We hope you enjoy it as much as we loved making it :) We're trying to have the best side scrolling beat'em up / shoot'em up in all mobile platforms :D

Please leave your feedback and follow us on Twitter @gamewhizzes .

See you!
    Alex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    This.Looks.Awesome.

3. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    This.Is.Fangz. :D

And wait until you see the other enemies, levels and big bosses. I've poured my heart and soul into this and I'm immensely proud of the end result :cool:

4. SteakfryOne

Nov 6, 2012
    I noticed how in the teaser, the character took out a bowl of something and started eating it. Is that for healing purposes? Also, what will the initial release price be? Will you give away promo codes upon release? Sorry for all the questions, I guess curiosity killed the vampire
    :cool: YYYEEEAAAHHH!

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    WHOAHH , this looks like the best ZOMBIEVILLE STYLE GAME EVER, if not greater than.

6. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Yep, those are beans :) In a fast paced game it's best to eat on the run. You can't jump while you're eating though, or you'll spill your beans :p

The launch price will be $0.99, which is way way too low when you take into account the amount of content that there's in this game.

I'll give away promo codes to a random bunch of Twitter followers. I need to build a buzz about this game, or otherwise I won't be able to make a living making games. And that's something I truly want to do :)

Alex

7. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    We aim to please :D

8. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Alex this is one of the most Awesome Video Gameplay!!!!!!!!

9. SteakfryOne

Nov 6, 2012

Well I'm following on Twitter. Can't wait for release! :D

10. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    This game look awesome, any expected release dates? This year or next?

11. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Thanks Master Lee! Please spread the word around. I need to generate some buzz to get this game noticed.

Touch Arcade janitors, could someone please mention this in the front page? I think it's got what it takes for a first page TA mention :cool:

12. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Well, you know the bird's scream on the trailer? That's actually my 6 year old daughter screaming. That kind of vocal potency tends to disrupt my game development efforts :D

I'm trying my best to get the game out this year, but I don't want to compromise anything.

13. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Some people are saying Fangz has too much blood. I'm going to correct that. I'm adding some vomit. That ought to balance things out. :D

Take a look at Fangz Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/Fangz.game

See you!

Alex

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There are some bloody good animations going on in that trailer. Love the gore, love the spine-tingling scream (that classic scream in King Kong ain't going nothin' on your daughter! :p) and yeah...you can never have enough blood. Vomit sounds great too. ;)

From the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be any currency in the game. Am I wrong in assuming that this won't have any IAPs or is that something you've yet to get to?

EDIT: Oh, there appears to be a $20 in one of the screenies.

15. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Thanks! My oldest daughter has the most powerful scream I've ever heard. Making a weapon out of it was the obvious thing to do. The step of associating her scream to squeezing out a bird was perfectly natural :D

There's no IAP in the game. All "purchases" are done with virtual currency that's earned when playing. No need to purchase virtual currency with actual currency. Apparently vampires carry with them lots of jewels, other valuables and food... go figure that :)

I'm also trying to minimize the amount of grinding you have to do, by having no major difficulty jumps from level to level in the campaign mode. In the survival modes, difficulty will rise linearly.

One cool thing is that your weapon inventory, skills and cash are used both in campaign mode and survival modes. So, if you get stuck in campaign, you can try to increase your stats/weapons/cash in survival and then get back to campaign (and vice-versa). There are some nasty bosses in campaign mode and you may need to follow this strategy to get past them.

I'll post a few pics of the weapon store later on. Right now I'm working on some vomit :D

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright...thanks to the above post, I am so sold on this and can't wait to sink my...teeth (teehee) into Fangz.

Also, my girlfriend says it's really sweet of you to incorporate your daughter's screams into the game and since Fangz is also being released on Android she'll also be sink...ok, ok, I'll stop. :p

17. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Will there be a clothing store for us to buy some different clothing for our main guy. As some of the gamer r hardcore gamers, we love to grind to save and buy some funky costumes (+stats) while cutting the vamps? Haha, just a suggestion.

18. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Sweet!? Sweet!? I'm not sweet!! I'm a f.... diabolical blood manufacturer, I'm a... oh damn... yes... I'm sweet. Sometimes I even go out on the street, unawaringly wearing some of my daughters hair hooks and with glitter on my face. Such is the very happy life of a man with only daughters :)

Back to the game, I'll post some more pics/videos when I have some more time. The vomit is turning out to be challenging :)

19. Game Whiz

Sep 21, 2011
    Portugal
    This is something I'd like to do, but it'll have to wait. Frank (the game's main character) has so many versions of each body part that it will take us some time to get a variety of costumes in there.

But it's definitely something I want to do, particularly because I want to reuse Frank in at least another game I'm planning, so it makes sense reusing what I have and improve on it.

I plan on supporting this game for a very very long time, so even the whackiest ideas will eventually trickle down into it (a very expensive Rambo red ribbon, that doubles damage and ammo capacity is one of those ideas :) ).

20. SteakfryOne

Nov 6, 2012
    Will you include iCade support for this? Or is that an unnecessary and tedious task to add to your already long and strenuous list of things to do for this game? No pressure :D