Sample Lab (music app for iPad) 6.99->99 cents.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    pretty rich in features for an ios sequencer/drum machine/sampler.

before anyone asks, I've been outta the loop entirely since the 20th. Me and my GF rented a bungalow in the keys, and we were much too busy making coconut-scented love to fiddle around on the interwebz. went home for Christmas; drove back down the day after, came home this afternoon. Don't tell me all the sales and freebies I missed ;).

Oh, I gots me a 32 gb ipad midi (thanks Chanel!) Though I call it my iPaddy. Would've been a good name; maybe apple was afraid of offending the Irish and those with Irish roots (Ima 1/4th). We are known for our fragile egos ;).

I literally haven't used my phone/ipad between the 20th and today. Except for internet. I hope I don't get sucked back in...

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Good to hear about your ipad midi iPaddy. Welcome back.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'm more glad to hear that things are going well with her GF ;)

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    HER gf??? I is a he. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome Connector and Lolavi, two of my favorite TA regulars. If you could, check out the thread I started in the general games section.

Back on topic: this app has never been this cheap before. As it is, I don't reallt have a good sample sequencer. Any impressions?

Just spotted a 125$ music app on my ipad (in the store, not installed ;). Boy they can get expensive. Still, now I can experiment with a combo of an iphone 4S/ipad mini/ipad 3 (to use the camera connection kit, which enables you to control PC programs and real equipment in ways you can't over wifi)...and the theremin my best friend built me for Christmas/Hanukah. If I don't electrocute myself.

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Gonna pass on this app. I have too many music tool apps from past deals.

Great to have you back. Um, about the sales and freebies... Duuuuude. You missed some seriously sweet deals and the freebie, oh the freebies. I got like 9 games from EA most of which are good for free... A few games from gameloft I've waited 9 mints for went to $0.99. Chillingo gave away a bunch of stuff and .... Man I spent way too much. Still it pales in cost comparison to what I could spend on a single modem console game but still. Heck I got the dev for Great Little War Game to give it away for free.

Great to have you back.

This app looks decent enough but ... Yeah, gotta pass on it.

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    A heck of a lot of stuff was free by the time I logged off. I was still involved past the Appstore lockdown, after all. I forgot if that affected prices. Besides, I've gotten plenty of EA freebies before...I have been using ios since the winter of '08 IIRC.

I missed a bunch of the sales though...stuff I had wanted to buy but between the 2 hour drive down, then back for Christmas Eve (my family celebrates a day early), then back down again...well, I decided to wait on any purchases. Plus, renting a houseboat in the Florida Keys for 2 weeks took a big bite outta my finances, such as they are. Oh well.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Sorry for the typo Greyskull! xD I definitely meant him when I was writing :p

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The after the lockout sales and deals weren't that much... I spent most of what I did before then though I managed to get a few good deals and freebies.

Maybe I'll look closer at this Sample Lab app. I can't imagine buying it right now... But I can atleast keep on topic.