Universal Into the Dead - (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Looking at the leaderboards makes it pretty clear that the second cornfield is where most people get smushed; I've found that if you enter without a weapon, it's highly likely that you're not coming back out again.

Another helpful hint is to always keep an eye (and ear) out for circling ravens; they always fly over weapon crates, which gives you advance warning and lets you start making your way over to where the crates will turn up.

2. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    My modest request is, ironically, of all games with music in them, this is one game with a killer track that I'd LOVE the option to listen to as I'm running thru the fields. Any chance of lettin us listen to music, or specifically, the games own song, while playing? Thanks!

3. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    The graves are intended to just be a "bonus" and not replace the crates which are designed to be "better".

With the chainsaw, regardless of how little fuel you have left, there is always enough to do a full "strike". So, even 0.1 fuel will save you if it has to.

Thanks for the ideas.

4. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #104 Appletini, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    It doesn't; tapping to use a chainsaw with 0.1 fuel will cause the chainsaw to be discarded immediately before any attack is made. I had assumed that it would work as you described, but the first time I picked one up and got killed because I simply threw the weapon away instead of using it kind of fixed that impression. :p

A chainsaw with 1 fuel would make a single strike; a chainsaw with 0.1 doesn't.

5. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Roll the "no-ad" IAP into the coin doubler; this would be both practical and take care of the cosmetic side of things.

+1 to this recommendation as well as getting rid of the high score cheater. People are A holes. What's the damn point other than being a tool.

6. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    #106 bobehm, Dec 6, 2012
    Hmm. Picked it up this morning and I can't seem to purchase any IAP. Error says "can't find price."

Problem resolved itself. Now I can pay you. :)

7. SharpCarlos

SharpCarlos Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Judging strictly by zombie density, I think our protagonist is running the wrong way. :D

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just loaded it up, and the game crashed instantly on my 4th gen... then on my iPad 2, the game gets to around 225 meters and just freezes. This has happened 6 times now - I've tried deleting and re-installing, doing a hard reset, clearing my multitasking bar, turning off wifi, ect... nothing seems to work.

I'm on iOS 5.1.1 on both devices. =o/

But what I did see, the game looked incredibly atmospheric. =oP

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Absolutely love the game. Runs great on my 3GS, also running iOS 5.1.1, with no crashes just to help you narrow down the issue.

The graphics, atmosphere, controls and everything are spot on. Gives you more of a sense of fear than the straight zombie shooters on the iOS.

10. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Am I the only one who thinks that the left/right movement is a bit too slow? Besides that I'm enjoying it a lot.. great job pikpok :)

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah it feels slow but it also feels more realistic that IMO.

On another note The breathing sound effects really add to the tension.
    The atmosphere here is fantastic.

12. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    The slow movement just adds intensity and realism.

13. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #113 k1lljoy_89, Dec 6, 2012
    I've got a question.. So I went ahead and bought the shotgun, and I'm about to unlock the chainsaw.. I've supposedly got the pistol and the shotgun equipped, but haven't seen the pistol in forever. Are the crates random or what

Edit: never mind, I got it. Thanks

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This. Both the iPod 4G crashing issue, and the brief glimpse of an awesome atmosphere. :p

15. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    This is really quite good, don't know how long it'll hold my interest without a story though.

16. Dpad

Dpad Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Game can't get past opening cinema on iPhone 4S but works fine on Ipad 3... Weird

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Where's the beginning scene with the crashed helicopter?

So I just got the game.
    When I had watched gameplay on TA Plays, their runs started with them at a crashed chopper, which I though was a cool and immersive way to start off each attempt

But when I play, I just start off running

Is it because I'm playing on an iPhone 4 and only the newer devices have that addition?

Just curious

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You have to start the app to see the helicopter crash scene. Then when you replay, you go directly to the start of the run.

I do wish they play the crashed helicopter scene every run, but make it skippable with a tap.

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I'm on iPod touch 4 (older) and I see the helicopter. But I don't think it's every time. Not quite sure how that works.

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I was wondering just that last night. If that speed was realistic human speed and turn reaction time. Coz I'm definitely more used to typical runners where the speed is greater from the start.

Absolutely loving the sound effects. Very immersing.

I'd love more footsteps though, on every terrain, not just sloshy footsteps. Certain sections just feel like I'm gliding coz I can't hear him running. Just panting and zombies.

Awesome game.