Official E3 2012 thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by liquidmutiny, May 27, 2012.

1. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    #1 liquidmutiny, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    iOS will be a big part of E3 this year and someone had the foresight to include an iDevice on the promo animation. Can you find the iPhone in this pic? E3 starts June 4th and it will be covered on (self promotion link removed) around the clock. New iOS games from E3 will be posted (self promotion link removed) Post all iOS related E3 news here. Until then, what do you think we'll see from iOS at this year's E3?

2. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    There is a new Spacetime studios game called "Arcane Legends", which Massively confirmed a couple of days ago.

I think we might see a little "Fieldrunners 2" as well.

3. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I'm hoping that a new SF for iOS will be shown there. Apparently, Volt was shown there, and seeing as Volt is so old now...

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm hoping for some announcements from Telltale Games and Rockstar.

5. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    E3 2010 was when Square announced Secret of Mana and FFT wasn't it? I'm hoping for FF6 and Vagrant Story this year

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Same. Also hoping for Gameloft to showcase some paymium games there and since ubisoft is putting more effort in iOS I'd love to hear from them too.

7. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Do you think Gameloft might mention MC4 or something like that? Just curious. I'm not sure if MC3 was mentioned back in E3 2011 (heck, I don't think they even did).

8. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    On terms of other games that are not on ios, I think we will be seeing a lot of gta 5

9. kukouri

kukouri Active Member

Tiny Troopers

We are set to release our game Tiny Troopers at E3. Getting really excited as we have been working on it for awhile now. Can't wait to see the reception it gets. http://www.kukouri.com/tinytroopers/

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No they didn't tell about it at E3. But didn't they show March of Heroes there? Don't quote me on that though, not sure. But yeah, hoping they would reveal another shooter. MC4 or a new series.

11. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

FIFA 13 will be shown at E3. That's the game I'm most looking forward to.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Really ? Dont get me wrong i love the FIFA games but you know its mostly more of the same year after year. Looking forward to seeing some brand new games at E3 not just a yearly update of a sports title

13. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I'd be in heaven if Epic games releases a Gears of War style game exclusively to iOS. The stop and pop control scheme would be perfect for iOS.

14. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Wow, I never thought of it, but Vagrant Story would be great on a touchscreen.
    Just tap whichever part you want to hit and tap tap tap to combo away.

15. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I've never actually played it, but I've heard great things. Something else that occoured to me that seems obvious is a release of that DS remake of Final Fantasy IV following their release of III.

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

If you compare the Gameplay of FIFA 2011 with FIFA 2012 on your Mobil Device you will clearly see that it isn`t that Way. I did hate FIFA 2011 and do love FIFA 2012.

EA isn`t as bad as some do wanna make you believe they are...

17. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I dont think thats what hes saying. Its more along the lines of there is garuanteed to be one every year and while therell be stuff added each time its still FIFA. While other games have big reveals at the conferences and stuff and showing off big new things. I might be wrong but I believe that was the point he was making.

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #18 backtothis, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Can't wait to check out everything next week for the 360 and 3DS. Should be interesting to see what's being announced for the iOS as well.

Halo 4, ACIII, Borderlands 2, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, CS: Global Offensive, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Heroes of Ruin, Metal Gear Rising..the list just doesn't end. Lots of AAA titles to look forward to in Q3/Q4 of 2012.

Edit: How did I forget Black Ops 2? xP

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, all sequels of sequels. How about some original games and series, if there are any ideas left.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I think that the only big games we iOS gamers can look forward to at e3 is GL showcasing its next blockbuster. It's not gonna be mc4, because they're going to take at least 1.5 years in production like they did with nova 3. I'm thinking one of their paymium unreal engine games, which will be interesting, but I'm really not excited for. Unreal on ios doesn't work well, infinity blade excluded. It seems really hard to optimize for, giving the players bad framerates. I'd prefer unity or their in house engine.