Touch arcade - iOS app suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by N4am, May 8, 2012.

1. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    It still seems as if they take a while to load, may have to look into it again. It may just be me.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've been getting authentication errors trying to comment on article posts these last couple days. I can't seem to log in to Discus through Safari either, it's quite irritating having to turn on my Macbook just to post a quick comment.

3. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    New problem: I have notifications turned OFF for everything except Watch List Updates, but I'm still getting the icon badge for All New Stories.

4. DarkLord109

DarkLord109 New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Search option for games supporting iCloud functionality

Hi,

I'm enjoying using the app both on iPhone and iPad. One additional feature that I would find very useful is the ability specify search criteria when looking for games. Ideally I would like to be able to search for games that support iCloud; both via the app and the main website.

At the moment it seems hit and miss with iTunes write-ups, etc to see if iCloud functionality is included or not.

Thanks

5. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Is there a way to reach the homepage from the forums without restarting the app? I'm quite active in the forums and after a while it gets unwieldy to press "back" through all the threads to reach the homepage and check out News and Reviews,etc.

I'd like to suggest a "Go to Homepage" link on the top right corner of the app please; I feel it would be tremendously useful.

Thanks!

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Cannot unsubscribe from old forums
    Please fix!

7. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Great app just a minor update would be nice. The prices for the Euro-currency sector increased. 0.99$ was 0.79€ and is now 0.89€. Was also in the "news" a couple of weeks ago. The app still shows 0.79€. No biggie but an update would be nice I guess.

8. Marianne

Marianne Administrator
    Staff Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Female
    TouchArcade Ad Sales, MacRumors Editor
    Boston
    Press and hold on the arrow button in the top left corner - this will take you back to the main menu view in the app.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    On a similar note, none of my new thread subscriptions are saving.

Edit: They seem to save after multiple attempts, perhaps they're just slow to show up in the Subscribed Threads list?

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Same here. Normally subscriptions wouldn't be instant on the app. I would press SUBSCRIBE and had to wait a full minute or so for the subscription to register; any sooner than that and it would never save.

Now it just doesn't save at all.