iPad "Amazon To Just Put Things In Your House Then Force You To Pay For Them!"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by alex_p, Dec 11, 2016.

1. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

#1 alex_p, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Now that I have got your attention, read on! :)

Is the headline real or fake? Introducing "Mmmews" - a tongue-in-cheek news game!

Description

ItÂ’s a crazy world out there!

Guess whether headlines are real or fake in this fun and novel game! Swipe fake news left and real news right to score points.

Save the headlines you like most and get the full low down later.

Who knows what interesting stories you will uncover today?

Screenshots

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

screen5.png

Coming soon - soft launching in the UK next week.

It will be free with no in-apps! :eek:

Any feedback welcome!

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My 11 yr old will love this!

She loves keeping up with news and discussing. Brexit and Trump have been talked about a lot this year :)

I'm sure we will have fun guessing which crazy ones are fake, it's also cool, that you can save headlines as she can read more about the topics later if she wishes.

Will the game be ad supported if it's free with no IAPs? If yes will it be pop up or banner ads?
    I'd prefer to pay to remove but ads don't put me off playing anything if they are not intrusive.

3. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

#3 alex_p, Dec 11, 2016
    Thanks for your feedback!

Glad you like the concept. Seems like fake news is trending right now in the media and there are no games right now that explore this as a niche game concept. So I thought it would be a fun experimental game to create.

I've enjoyed testing it - you never know what will come up and I've discovered some interesting stories which I thought were fake and vice versa. I've also tried to add some clever stuff into the game to make the best/funniest/most interesting headlines come up.

Yes there are pop-up ads but I've made sure they are not intrusive (based on the beta testers feedback) and will keep an eye on feedback and adjust settings as needed. I think there has got to be a balance - too many ads means that people get put off a game real quick, no ads means there is no income stream for the developer in a free game. There is no in-app to remove ads in the first release but this can easily be added if there is demand.

Excited to get this out there next week and see what people think!

Again appreciate the feedback.

Alex

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #4 sobriquet, Dec 11, 2016
    I'm intrigued by the games concept. It's a little bit like the board game Balderdash were you are dealing with fake definitions for words and have to weed out the real definition from four possibilities. I'll be on the lookout for its release.

As to the ads there are lots of ways to use incentivized ads the maintain some of that income after someone buys a remove ads IAP. You could offer game continues or in game currency (if there is one) double rewards at the end of a game. Maybe these examples don't apply to your game but it might be worth thinking about.

5. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

Thanks for your feedback - appreciate it.

Yes I found the concept really intriguing to work with because it felt really greenfield as an idea. I'll be sure to check out Balderdash to get some inspiration too - thanks for that. Sounds like an awesome word game actually!

I wanted to keep it really lean, by just developing the key core concept as a simple game and get feedback. Especially as I felt the whole real vs fake news is really hot topic right now. So literally the game took a few weekends to make.

I have a few ideas how to develop this concept further in future releases. I will have a think about your in-apps suggestion. Currently the game is in-review so I will release the first version "as is". Then iterate and refine it based on feedback.

I also found that the concept of "gamefying" news is a really interesting one, so I may do some more games in this area in the future.

6. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm unable to play as I don't have a device that supports iOS 10.

My brother does though and I've sent him your link, I'll be seeing him at the weekend and will have a play then.

8. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

Cool! Let me know what you both think. Also it's a good point I'll test to see if the iOS 10 requirement can be lowered to 9 or even 8...