plus+ level changes

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by estyst, Nov 29, 2009.

1. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    not so long ago there was announcement/news in plus+ games, that plus+ levels was changed

there is info that existing (veteran) users/gamers was awarded with "elite" status...

... does anyone know what this "elite" status actually is?

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Well not too long ago, they did reshuffle levels in order to make the curve go up much faster. The highest ranking is Pro I think, followed by Advanced, then Experienced, then Rookie. Is that what you meant, or is there another update in the works that I haven't heard about?

3. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    yes and no, in the official news: http://plusplus.com/news/73-Plus-Level-Changes

there is this line: "and it rewards our our veteran Plus+ gamers with Elite status."

... I'm just curious what this "ellite" status is :) maybe it is above Pro, but only for veterans? hmm...

4. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Ahh, I see what you mean. I could be wrong, but I think in that context, they're not meaning "Elite" as a literal title, but more as just a descriptive word. Being "Advanced" or "Pro" would be an elite status, I think.

Maybe they are adding additional incentives to veteran players though; it would be a cool addition. They just have to be careful not to alienate new players. If they cater too much to veterans, new players will feel left out.

5. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    I took one of those plus+ pulse surveys a while back and it talked about incentives like betting your plus+ points on direct challenges and exchanging points for prizes. I'm not saying that they will do these things, but they were mentioned in that survey. Personally I think that these are bad ideas, but I suppose they are possible incentives for the future.

6. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Huh, I've heard several people talking about that type of survey, but I've never seen one. Where do you take them?

7. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

There was an ad for it in eliminate, I'll see if i can find a link

8. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    They send me e-mails about upcoming plus+ games and ask me to take their survey.

9. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Ahh, I must have opted out of that at some point, that makes sense

10. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    omg... "betting your plus+ points on direct challenges" - isn't it pure hazard? o_O

"exchanging points for prizes" - here is the good one, however I wonder what could be the prize and if it will be "regionally restricted" (like for US only for example)...

all in all plus+ games and earning plus+ points are fun, but there is nothing you can actually do with it... even some badge/picture you can put into your signature here on forum for example would be fine, like xbox live has, and you can brag about it or something...