Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I agree if you like these 3d angry birds/ block physics games then this looks pretty cool, I've only played the first few levels but it has that Disney polish. Well worth 69p
Generally not a fan of this genre, but look forward to all of your impressions.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Generally not a fan of this genre, but look forward to all of your impressions.
It is friggin awesome.

I had a great time with A Monster Ate My Homework, and i get the same vibe from TSSI, but A Monster Ate My Homework has some high-level ingenuity put into it that i still have see in other games.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM

Fun game. Jubba: I wouldn't recommend this for real young kids. It's basically a 3D Angry Birds, the main difference is you need to move left and right to line up your shots. (Kinda like walking the perimeter of an arena). For real young kids this would be a lot more confusing than 2D Angry Birds levels.

I 3 starred the first group of 12 levels, and I'm having fun with it. There's different block types, and balls with special abilities so it hasn't become repetitive yet. To get 3 stars is actually quite challenging on some levels.

Initial impression are good. Nice graphics, fun game play, maybe a little 90's nostalgia too
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

I didn't expect much from this licensed game, but the polish and great gameplay really make this game stand out. Definetely the best game I bought this year so far.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Whoa, seeing some glowing impressions here. Being a huge Toy Story fan, I'm gonna go ahead and grab this one.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44 View Post
Fun game. Jubba: I wouldn't recommend this for real young kids. It's basically a 3D Angry Birds, the main difference is you need to move left and right to line up your shots. (Kinda like walking the perimeter of an arena). For real young kids this would be a lot more confusing than 2D Angry Birds levels.

I 3 starred the first group of 12 levels, and I'm having fun with it. There's different block types, and balls with special abilities so it hasn't become repetitive yet. To get 3 stars is actually quite challenging on some levels.

Initial impression are good. Nice graphics, fun game play, maybe a little 90's nostalgia too
Thanks for the response. I woke up this morning and impulsively just hit the buy button, given the $.99 price tag. I agree that it's probably not for little kids, but it's seems like a good game and my kids will probably grow into it given that they're already iOS experts at the ages of 3 and 4.

I have to say that Disney usually impresses me with their iOS releases, whether they be games or interactive apps for their movies (although the latter are usually a little overpriced). Anyway, Disney didn't disappoint me with this one.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 PM

I'll give 5 stars on this one. If you're interested in a 3D angry birds game, this is great!

The last group of levels requires 120 stars. Each group has 15 levels. So to unlock the last group you need all but 15 stars. (Not going to be easy.)

It's actually easy to 1 star the levels. To 3 star you need to hit all to golden crates, and finish with 2 balls. . . . Sometimes that means 1 shot, but usually it's 2 or 3.

I'm about halfway through the third group now, and I would definitely recommend this for 99 cents.

The only thing I would knock it for is: not quite enough Toy Story. Seems more TS themed than an actual TS story. . . . 9/10 for this minor little thing.

Still great for what it is though.