Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertTheBruce View Post
Hi, there. I worked on the game and am actually color blind myself. We did our best to pick all color blind friendly colors, and as another user pointed out, the game itself tries to help reinforce what colors are the same or not through the mechanics.

We are still working on improving this, though. Our next updates will have improvements to the color palettes that make them even more color blind friendly.
Oh okay, good to hear!

Will the improvements drastically change the look of the game at all? If so, I hope there is an option to have the original palettes instead?

I was thinking maybe you could put the name of the color somewhere on the screen, so you know which color you're holding onto? Again, though, I would request it to be an option that is a toggle.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertTheBruce View Post
Hi, there. I worked on the game and am actually color blind myself. We did our best to pick all color blind friendly colors, and as another user pointed out, the game itself tries to help reinforce what colors are the same or not through the mechanics.

We are still working on improving this, though. Our next updates will have improvements to the color palettes that make them even more color blind friendly.
You know, I thought the color palette seemed a little unique. I remember once being linked to a page that talked about colorblindness, the different kinds, their prevalence, and how to accomodate for them. IIRC the page was inspired by one too many incomprehensible pie charts at a business firm. At any rate, it had a list of colors that were uniquely identifiable for most viewers, colorblind included, and the palette of Color Zen reminded me of that. Especially the puzzles chosen for the trailer.

Anyway, I bought Color Zen a couple days ago and just now finished it up. It was a short but enjoyable ride. I've been a fan of puzzlers for a very, very ling time: I'm always happy to find something new, and I'm just thrilled when it's executed well. I look forward to the promised level packets.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:59 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I just picked up Color Zen using the current promotion mentioned elsewhere in the forums. I have finished the first 20 levels in Classic and this is too easy. Does the game get harder? Apologies if this is answered earlier in the thread...
Old 08-07-2013, 04:30 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Hmm too much buzz for this. I may have done around 60 levels and still didnt find a worthy challenge.
At least I can admit is not another unoruginal connect 3 game.

Another game I liked that used touch swipes and colours but was much harder is Pellex2
Old 09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

How will this latest update affect what I've done already?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gamer View Post
How will this latest update affect what I've done already?
It didn't affect me. I've only done the first chapter though.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This game has been fun so far.