Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #351  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Ubisububi Ubisububi is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
I wrote that several times and some people told me that I had to stop blaming ...

I wrote to the support of the developers and got only the answer that they will look into this ... never be heard of again ... this is just a shame.
Sycophantic gamers use that argument to suppress negative opinions on this forum. The more reasoned and rational your argument, the more strident their whining gets. I just ignore them, as I'm sure you do.
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 07-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Wizard_Mike Wizard_Mike is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I was able to get a refund based on the promise of full plane unlock, which is outright false. Ironically, that wasn't even close to being my biggest complaint about the game.
What exactly do you mean by "full plane unlock"? Because the basic $9.99 iap unlocks everything (you have to progress through the game, of course) except the premium boosters
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:52 AM
jn2002dk jn2002dk is offline
Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 89
Default

Ok, complete newbie here and i figured i'd give this a shot

So i finished all the tutorials up to the one where you choose a deck and do a complete battle on your own

After 8 attempts i gave up. Half the time i was unable to play any creatures because i simply didn't draw any i could play, the other half of the time the AI would draw what seemed like perfect cards every time i was ahead. It was extremely frustrating and prompted me to uninstall the game

Is the AI cheating or was it just pure luck? Or am i just really bad at the game? In which case, any tips on moving forward?
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Hpmor Hpmor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
Default

I keep unlocking opponents, but how do you actually fight these? I have finished the campaign but I cannot really find them - are am I supposed to use the campaign? But then how do you fight a specific opponent when he is from an explore node???
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 08-01-2014, 03:26 AM
ottbot ottbot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
Ok, complete newbie here and i figured i'd give this a shot

So i finished all the tutorials up to the one where you choose a deck and do a complete battle on your own

After 8 attempts i gave up. Half the time i was unable to play any creatures because i simply didn't draw any i could play, the other half of the time the AI would draw what seemed like perfect cards every time i was ahead. It was extremely frustrating and prompted me to uninstall the game

Is the AI cheating or was it just pure luck? Or am i just really bad at the game? In which case, any tips on moving forward?
I think with most card games, there is a certain amount of luck involved. With that said, the tutorials are do-able. I did it using the Green/Red Smash and Burn deck. I also read the Black/Red Chaos Slaughter deck is not bad too. Maybe you can try those if you haven't?

Here are some links to Tips on MTG:
How To Use Card Advantage to Win at Magic The Gathering by Jon
10 Tips to Playing Better Competitive Magic by Trick Jarrett <- Great tips and I think it applies to other cards games in most ways too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpmor View Post
I keep unlocking opponents, but how do you actually fight these? I have finished the campaign but I cannot really find them - are am I supposed to use the campaign? But then how do you fight a specific opponent when he is from an explore node???
I think they are in: Single Player>Practice Duel. You can select AI decks as your opponent in there (tap the gear settings icon) and they are in the list.

Last edited by ottbot; 08-01-2014 at 03:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 08-01-2014, 08:35 AM
jn2002dk jn2002dk is offline
Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottbot View Post
I think with most card games, there is a certain amount of luck involved. With that said, the tutorials are do-able. I did it using the Green/Red Smash and Burn deck. I also read the Black/Red Chaos Slaughter deck is not bad too. Maybe you can try those if you haven't?

Here are some links to Tips on MTG:
How To Use Card Advantage to Win at Magic The Gathering by Jon
10 Tips to Playing Better Competitive Magic by Trick Jarrett <- Great tips and I think it applies to other cards games in most ways too.



I think they are in: Single Player>Practice Duel. You can select AI decks as your opponent in there (tap the gear settings icon) and they are in the list.
Thanks a lot

I did finally manage to beat the last tutorial by getting lucky with a card that let me control his strongest creature for one turn which was enough

Those tips will sure come in handy though!
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Ubisububi Ubisububi is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
What exactly do you mean by "full plane unlock"? Because the basic $9.99 iap unlocks everything (you have to progress through the game, of course) except the premium boosters
I since deleted the game so I'm going off of memory, but as I remember, the $35 IAP was supposed to unlock all planes (although you have to play through them in order), however, after purchase, there was still one plane left that must be purchased separately.
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 08-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Sojourn Sojourn is offline
Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 60
Default

Is there an easy way to see which option on a card an opponent is using, if there are multiple to choose from?

For example, I just lost a game in which the computer opponent played a Boros Charm. I thought it was using it to make its permanents indestructible before attacking, so I was waiting to use my Safe Passage until attackers had been declared. However, it was actually playing it to to deal four damage to me, which ended the game. If there was a way to easily see which option it was using, I would have responded more quickly.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent