Riot Runners - Upcoming Endless Arcade Runner (by Room 8)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MikeNintendo, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #1 MikeNintendo, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, everyone! We’re Room 8 and we’ve almost finished working on our latest endless runner game for mobile - Riot Runners. We are very happy about the fact that even before the official release the game has won the Indie Prize Audience Award for the best game in show. We did our best to make it as fun and unique as we could by taking the best from this spread and popular genre, and adding some cool stuff, such as ever-evolving difficulty and diverse robots with their unique special powers.

So here’s the concept.

Story
    In the world of steam machines little robots are enslaved by giant mechanic overlords. They have to do all the hard work and obey their evil masters. But one day a brave robot rises against his masters and starts a rebellion, inspiring all the other robots to do the same. They need YOU! Lead the riot and help them escape!

Game mechanics
    You have to run through an endless course of dangerous obstacles, while getting away from the evil enslaver. The game world is ever-evolving - it transforms as you play, becomes harder and harder, changes the looks and colors of environment and adds more and more enemies that want to catch you.

Playable characters
    There are seven playable robots for you to unlock. Each one of them has his own unique special ability, so the playstyle changes significantly, bringing a different game experience. You can jump higher, fit smaller gaps, glide, shield yourself, start further away from the enslaver…Pick the one you like and feel the most.
    [​IMG]

Main Features
    - Atmospheric runner with stylish steampunk design
    - Various customizable robots, offering unique game mechanics
    - Increasing difficulty from easy to bone-breaking
    - Dangerous Saws & Gears to avoid
    - Diverse daily missions
    - Highly immersive audio-visual experience
    - Leaderboards to compete with Facebook friends
    - Game Center Leaderboards

Trailer:

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Earlier this year Riot Runners was softlaunched onto the German and Canadian App Stores. We’ve been working hard on it since then, polishing the game to make it compliance with users demand and we’re about to release it globally with some major improvements. We expect the worldwide release in a few weeks onto the App Store, a bit later to Google Play.

I’ll be happy if you could share your thoughts of what you see and leave us your feedback here or on Riot Runners Facebook page!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Nice art style and love the effect of the hazards emerging as you approach, looking forward to this

Paid or free?

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #3 TheFrost, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    That trailer shows some magnificent gameplay, I love it. Updated 2 posts below :D

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Damn, wish list added. Awesome!

5. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
  6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    When it's good I'm creating a CA Account :D

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

As Deadly Bullet and Beat Leap have shown, free doesn't have to mean freemium. So I'll stay hopeful. Waiting your impressions

8. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wow, awesome art style, love to play this one.

9. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Unfortunately the game doesnt load at all... tried with reinstalling, redownloading, changing language, rebooting,... but nothing, only shows the Room 8 logo and that's it. I did some research and it happens to other users too. Hope Sink or Swim is able to run it and tell us more about it.

10. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    sorry to hear that. But I won't create an CA account for this one when it is not running on your iphone5 it won't run on mine either

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah I noticed it now. Only supports iPhone 4S, 5 and 5S... Tried more installs (from iTunes, ...) and nothing. Ill have to wait. This looks amazing, cant wait to get my hands into it :)

12. MikeNintendo

Aug 6, 2013
    Hi!

Guys, I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crushes. The thing is that the version of Riot Runners that is available currently on the Canadian and German App Stores is old and differs significantly from the upcoming update - it doesn't have all the new features and improvements and it really may not properly work on iOS 7 and some other devices. Please don't judge and wait a little till the worldwide release of the updated version.

13. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    wait.. what? German AppStore? I searched for it but I can't find it..

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Sure, I wont judge it since I haven't played it yet. Will wait :)

15. ogloguy

ogloguy Active Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Game Developer
    amazing graphics! this takes the runners to the next level!

It looks like a VERY difficult game to master though with all those springs and moving platforms, etc :/

16. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #16 sink_or_swim, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    It's now available in germany.. Downloading..

Edit: not working on the iphone5

17. MikeNintendo

Aug 6, 2013
    #17 MikeNintendo, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! You can check what we’ve added to the upcoming release comparing to the softlaunch and get any future updates on our Riot Runners Facebook page!

Hey! I’ve just answered about the softlaunch release a few posts above. :)

18. MikeNintendo

Aug 6, 2013
    Oh, good to hear that, thank you.

Well, Riot Runners is not a casual type of runner it's more mid-core type. It may seem difficult because challenges really evolve from simple to hard. As soon as you master the game mechanics and your playable character (robot) you'll start scoring like a rock star ;)

19. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    @mikenintendo any idea when the update is out? I would love to play it :)

20. Funday Factory

Funday Factory Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    It really looks beautiful. If Limbo was a fast-paced robot runner... :)