Gunship X - (by Well Formed Pixels) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by serban, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Signed up!

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Did any body get chosen for beta testing?

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
  4. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Nor I :/

5. serban

serban Member

May 10, 2009
    Founder at Hidden Elephant
    Davis, CA
    Hey Folks, I haven't sent a build out yet. I'm hoping to send one tomorrow afternoon / evening.

Until then, please make sure you've signed into your testflight account and added your device UDID. Due to various developer account limitations, I only have a limited number of device slots. Once used, they can't be reset for about a year so please clear out any "dead" devices from your testflight account. If you have multiple devices listed, I'll most likely choose the best device on the list.

I'm really looking forward to sending out a build and hearing your feedback. I'll also be sending out invites to our Gunship X Beta chatroom so you can yell, I mean nicely chat ;) with myself, the other developers, and whatever other beta testers feel like showing up.

Talk to you all soon,

Serban

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Sounds like some great stuff!

Have you already sent out the testflight invites to those you chose to participate in the beta?

7. serban

serban Member

May 10, 2009
    Davis, CA
    I haven't sent out any emails, but I have gone through and approved people that signed up. I'm not sure if testflight sends out a confirmation email once I've approved you. Everyone that signed up here has been approved :).

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh, alright! Thanks for the response! :)

9. Lowwolf

Lowwolf Member

May 17, 2012
    Argh! Wish I had seen this thread just a little earlier. I'm still going to be optimistic about getting an opportunity to beta test this, though. Zombie gunship was one of my favorite games until I eventually maxed out all possible upgrades, at which point the reward just wasn't there for me any more. I am very much looking forward to this game and if I don't get to be a tester will happily shell out $$$ when it is released.

10. serban

serban Member

May 10, 2009
    Davis, CA
    Send me a private message with the email address you used to sign up and I'll do my best to get you in :cool:

11. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    This games fun, but after every game it crashes on my iPod 4, wish it didn't, just had a great game. The levelling system is amazing, and I haven't encountered bugs. Just hope for better support.

12. serban

serban Member

May 10, 2009
    Davis, CA
    We're working hard to try to support that particular device. It has so little memory (half as much as the next supported device). This beta will hopefully help us workout the kinks.

Thanks for testing and for the feedback!

13. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I just signed up!

14. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Installing :D

15. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I was betting on what the gameplay would be and I lost haha.. I imagined we would be playing as the aliens but instead, it's pretty much like Zombie Gunship. That's a good thing because it's one of the games I kept going to when I first got an iOS device. This has some things going for it to make it different from its predecessor but I'll play the game more to get a better feel for it before deciding. Cool icon btw!

The amount of cash for watching a video is definitely too much. I'm sure you'd like some stats so here's some for 3 games I played including time and gold received. No upgrades.

9:34, received $57,400 ($100/sec)
    1:50, received $14,200 ($129/sec)
    2:12, received $18,900 ($143/sec)

Is this intended to be paid or freemium? I like the doubler price. I'd get that. Good prices too on everything else.

I'll dive in deeper after church. :) I'll nitpick at the details when I get back. Oh and can I post any screens or record videos and put them on youtube?

lol@Info screen

16. serban

serban Member

May 10, 2009
    Davis, CA
    Launching May 8th

Yay! It's finally happening! Gunship X is officially launching this Thursday May 8th! Checkout the first post for the updated gameplay trailer. Hmm, I guess I can post it here also :).

17. Leonick

Leonick Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Yup, good game. Enjoying it.

That said, I'd really like to see some form of cloud saves. The iPad mini is the obvious choice for when I'm home but the iPhone is the device I always have with me so now I'm going to have to pick what to play on or have to saves, I really don't like either of those options...