Coming Soon: Mole/Terracore Adventures 1.2 Update - One Big-Ass Overhaul!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by designerwatts, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. designerwatts

designerwatts Active Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Game design and art
    Melb, Australia
    [​IMG]

Hi everybody. Chris here from EscFactory to announce a kick-ass update coming very soon to our game Mole - Quest for the Terracore Gem. Or as it'll be known after this release as Terracore Adventures.

We’ve been hard at work tweaking and updating the game in response to the feedback provided by reviewers and the public. So without further ado i'll explain what changes are incoming:

Update 1.2!

Name and Icon change!

[​IMG]

Mole – Quest for the Terracore gem is quite a mouthful to both pronounce and type out on an iPhone, and as it also turns out the word “Mole” is censored in some parts of the world. Due to this and a desire to make the game easier to search for: Mole – Quest for the Terracore Gem will now be known as Terracore Adventures. And the app will also be sporting a new icon.

A Big-ass Visual overhaul!

After releasing Mole onto the app store we got some really useful feedback on the design of the user interface and the visuals in general. This was one of the first aspects of the game we went back to address, aiming to give the player a game with a more enjoyable and cleaner presentation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We’ve redesigned the in-game user interface to be easier to read and nicer on the eyes. All the menus for the game have also been completely redesigned to give you access to more information and options while also keeping the style and visuals consistent.

We also have a new profile screen that has all the players information recorded down:

[​IMG]

Power ups!

[​IMG]

Special Power-ups are now littered throughout the maps. Hidden in the dirt just like gems and metals. When you come into contact with these power-ups it can bring all the difference to yout score and even get you out of some sticky situations. Power-Ups range from Speed boosts to Metal Detector scan distance increases.

Artifacts!

[​IMG]

Now strewn throughout the levels are rare and unique treasures! Artifacts hidden from time and just waiting to be uncovered! Will you be able to find all 16 of them?

All these updates will be completely free for anyone who already owns a copy of Mole - Quest for the Terracore gem.

Coming to Update 1.3!

Brand new level: Dimus Caves

[​IMG]

One of the main criticisms we got with Mole was that it was too short, only having one level. We’ve gone and produced a brand new ice themed level. Deeper and tougher than the original, Mark will have to overcome 3 new dirt types, hazards and more to find the three Firestone Diamonds! This update will come soon after the 1.2 update.

Cheers everyone! Thanks for reading. :D

Chris

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Now that definitely sounds like some awesome stuff is on its way! :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the first version and this is looking even better.

3. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Like the first icon a lot more.

4. Fletch11

Fletch11 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    I have been looking for an addicting fame, from tilt to live to doodle jump, but none of those games had the addiction factor for me. Then I saw this thread and decided to try this game. I want to say thank you. This is my addicting game. None of those other game could do what this game did. I hope there are many updates for this.

Once again thank you for making this game.

5. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I agree.

No offense, but I don't like the art in this game. It looks like it was done poorly in a tablet.

6. Fletch11

Fletch11 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010

But it sure is fun to play!!!

7. KitKatBar

KitKatBar Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Updates look great, but I agree that the first icon looks much better.

8. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    I have a suggestion: Please change the icon to the digging machine or a sparkling gem.

The art style of the character kind of bothers me but i don't know if you can do anything about that.

Otherwise great to see a graphic upgrade, and additional content added to this game.

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    The second is too generic, I also like the first much better.

10. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    This was my biggest problem with the original version. Not that it wasn't worth the money, but just that it was so much fun and over too quickly.

Glad to see there is more content coming.

Regards, Michael

11. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Will this be a free update?

12. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Update's out.