Final Fantasy VI ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hambo12, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    You can buy iOS final fantasy 4 music, and I see final fantasy 5 below... And ... FIANL FANTASY 6! It's coming!!

image.jpg

2. Shaban

Shaban Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Game developper
    Geneva
    I love that game ! I paid the Square Enix price :)
    Looking forward to play FFVI, the musique remain mythical to my ears :)

3. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    I personally can't wait for them to announce Final Fantasy VI for the iphone/ipad. We all know they are going to do it. The only other question that has to be asked is whether they will release VII, VIII, and IX. I could see them doing it. Heck they directly ported VII, and VIII to the PC why not the ipad?

4. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    I just want FF 7,8 and 9, they're the only ones I like because I'm a sucker for pre rendered backgrounds. That said though I'll just play them on an emulator on Android.

5. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I just really hope they're taking a really long time because they're working on making this one without ugly borders and a lame clock like FF5 :/

6. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #26 Aventador, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

---Quoted from KOTAKU article---

7. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    good thing is comming out, sadly looks like they will be using again those awfull FFD-FFV sprites

8. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    It's better than trying to make an ugly looking port like what they did to FF4 (thank god they released a good remake on the PSP)

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Was really really really looking forward to a 3D version of FF6 (guess I'm in the minority) but was very sad hearing that its using the same "remake" flavor of FFV. Was hoping to see FF6 in a whole new angle but then again it's more work to model everything than to just apply filters and whatnots, or even simply redrawing sprites is less work.

10. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i have disagree a little though the ios version of FFIV i don't consider it ugly is still better IMO than FFD or FFV on ios but still the psp version is way ahead in terms of quality again IMO i would have love to see this FFVI with the same style of the psp remake of FFIV

11. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I'm probably biased a bit I guess since I actually found that FFD was the best final fantasy game since FF6, believe me I was surprised to find such a good FF game on a mobile platform (especially after wasting 5 hours on FF13)

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #32 undeadcow, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Square Enix is dismissing grinding like it's a bad thing. I guess I will take streamlined Final Fantasy VI over no FF6 at all. Looking forward to revising the battle between technology and magic... moogle style.

I don't mind graphic changes, it might be nice to play in a different style... I know I can't relive the buzz I felt when I played "FFIII" on my SNES for the first time by mobile anyway.

You can say that again. Final Fantasy Dimensions is gold. I'll never forget my crushing disappointment after I excitedly bought Final Fantasy X to find it was barely a game but more of a cinematic driven tech demo.

13. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Oh god... Someone remove these people from Square Enix already! D:

I guess I'll just stick with my SNES game. They just don't want me to give them my money.

14. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Meh I already played FF6 as well as 7 on my ipad with an emulator, nothing new here for me. Hopefully they clean up the bugs an exploits tho so u can't just vanish-xzone through the whole game.

15. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    The bug will be fixed, it was in the gba version (only for death spells though Life still worked). It won't really be like playing it in an emulator, they're redoing the graphics, while the graphics for the remake of 5 were a bit on the generic side, you have to remember even on the SNES 5 had a weird style (mix between 4 and 6). I'm sure 6 will look great