Marketing Investment?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by IPhoneAppLover, Aug 16, 2013.

1. IPhoneAppLover

IPhoneAppLover Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Hi,
    Is there any company out there who are ready invest in your already published app and share profit?

I'm looking if anybody is interested in investing this product:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2-pics-one-phrase/id617684930?mt=8

The app seemed to have some good reviews (all real)...but because of my zero marketing budget, can't reach out to more people.

2. CharredDirt

CharredDirt Well-Known Member

My thought as an artist is that this looks like the work of a lone, non-artist programmer. Cartoon fonts mixed with realistic textured backgrounds. The stock photography isn't fantastic (especially the one that's squished). I wouldn't think it would take much to give this app a facelift. It might be a great game but if people aren't attracted to the graphics, they may not give it a shot. It might also help with your quest for a publisher or investor.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

3. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
    In fact, I'm actively looking out for an Artist to work with me and sent few proposals already.

4. hungrylizards

hungrylizards Active Member

There are.

I'd suspect there are a lot of smaller publishers who go around buying mildly successful apps and app ideas.

Shortly after the launch of my game I was contacted by Bulkypix, they publish games and wanted to know if I was making anymore games because they wanted to collaborate and publish it. Unfortunately, I wasn't making any new games and asked if they wanted to co-publish my current game. They were interested and we've been in talks.

I would suggest looking for companies like Bulkypix and sending them an email.

5. Jungle Friend Studios

Aug 19, 2013
    CEO
    USA/Philippines
    Advice

The game concept seems interesting. I'd look more towards finding an artist to partner with and split revenue. Your app will need a ton of polish in order to be a viable investment for anyone. The stock photography tends to be off putting to the eye as well unless it's commonly themed and color corrected to the same range.

Hope that helps.

6. IPhoneAppLover

Nov 18, 2009
  7. Jungle Friend Studios

Aug 19, 2013
    CEO
    USA/Philippines
    Let me suggest checking out DeviantArt - you can look through artist's portfolios and have a lot more personal communication than through a freelance site if your budget is limited.