Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-09-2014, 06:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
We're not talking about you. How you react to stuff doesn't matter here
Exactly. Some people can handle it others can't. Again I don't see the issue. The hype/discussions about this game is just unreal. Just let it go
Old 02-10-2014, 05:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

He was scared of the legal repercussions, so he removed it.
He should have just changed all the art work slightly..
Maybe he plans on re releasing it. But by that stage, the phenomenon will be over.. I don't think he realised just how lucky he was. He may never get that sort of attention again with any future releases.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:24 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
But... He has money. Other people don't. He can #deal with it. Death threats? People trashing the game and probably him? Having to deal with friends/family just wanting money from him? He gots money. Money > everything else, (this is heavy sarcasm in case anyone can't understand)

On a more serious note, NONE of us can judge him because were not in his situation. Yes, it's COMPLETELY possible he's overreacting... To you. To him, maybe all this attention and people harassing him isn't worth the money/kinda game. So he's quitting. Good for him. Unfortunantely this will take a little bit to blow over :/
I would still be happy to swap paycheques with him and take all the death threats along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Exactly. Some people can handle it others can't. Again I don't see the issue. The hype/discussions about this game is just unreal. Just let it go
Yeah. I may be jealous of the $ but I do feel for the guy.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

I saw a whole hoax earlier about the dev killing himself. People have taken it way too far. We don't know the details, but these death threats and extremely melodramatic fans need to both stop.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKDAIR View Post
I still wager this is ultimately a publicity stunt and he just doesn't want to admit it.
Its a conspiracy brah, think about it for a second . . . no seriously, it was all a plan, this guy was created in a lab for this very moment, stay with me, you see he was born right, to code an ingenious mini game to piss twitter off right, because twitter is a bird and flappy bird has a bird right, and and now his destiny has been fulfilled mannnnnn!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:36 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 8.x

You an still login to another's itunes account to download from the purcahsed section. It's hard to get now, so it's even more popular than before. Watch it die at some point, then 5 years later some guy posts a score or gameplay video on YouTube, and the Flappy fever gets brought back.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
He was scared of the legal repercussions, so he removed it.
He should have just changed all the art work slightly..
Maybe he plans on re releasing it. But by that stage, the phenomenon will be over.. I don't think he realised just how lucky he was. He may never get that sort of attention again with any future releases.
What legal repercussions? Nintendo didn't have a problem with the game and made no claims about "ripped" artwork.