iPhone Zombieville USA HD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MikaMobile, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hi folks, just thought I'd let people know that our iPad version of Zombieville USA is currently in review.

We've decided to price it just like the iPhone/iPod version before it at $1.99 - originally we wanted to make it an update, but didn't want to inconvenience iPhone/iPod buyers with a gigantic download, nor did we want to require people to have to update their OS either (Zombieville is still playable all the way back to 2.2.1). So there ya go, its a separate app, but we're trying not to gouge people who may have already bought the game for their iPhone.

Like any iPad release we have sharpened up the visuals and retooled the controls to work more comfortably. Of note, swapping weapons is now achieved with a button on the right side of the screen just above the fire button (the top left corner was too much of a reach). Similarly, entering houses is accomplished with a similar, context sensitive button that appears above your movement arrows, so entering a house is just a matter of sliding your thumb up, rather than clumsily trying to tap the door.

We also went ahead and added a couple features. One is the appearance of random survivors, who will follow you and help shoot some baddies. They're a little stupid though, so don't be surprised if they get their brains eaten before you do.

You'll also occasionally happen across abandoned vehicles - simply enter them like you would a house, and they'll peel off across the map splattering zombies everywhere! You can hop in and out of them as well, though they only last for a single level. Consider it like the power star in Mario bros, or a bonus level.

We also finally fixed the rather dumb explosive weapon mechanics from the original game. Explosive guns no longer detonate a fixed distance from the player, but instead just strike the nearest zombie like any other weapon, making them far less wonky to use. The grenade launcher is finally useful!

Anyhow, hope some of you will check it out, it should be available in the coming days!

Attached Files:

2. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    Awesome! Can't wait to get it, playing games on the iPad changes the whole experience of the game!

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    That's amazing! i wish some of those were available on the iPhone version

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

I'm just asking for one thing. Please make the grenade launchers useful in the iPod touch version as well! Just that!

5. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    We plan on adding the new features into the original version as well, no worries there. The main incentive to upgrade (if you have both devices) would merely be the iPad-tailored controls and graphics.

6. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Still definitely should have been a universal app, like other developers have done with their games, and others have done well with the file sizes, so this big file thing you're talking about really shouldn't be much of an issue especially with a game like this...it's only 14mb right now in the first place and you'll have no extra features from the iPhone version...this is a perfect example of a game that should definitely go the way of a universal app and not make it's current fans pay twice for the same game on the same os. Really crappy. I'm getting real tired of all the double dipping in the app store with a lot of these games...at least you're not being totally bad and increasing the price way up.

7. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Not buying....

Nothing justifies buying the same game twice.

Bruno

8. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I don't have an iPad yet, but INSTA-BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So whenll this all be added to iphone version?

9. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Should be pretty easy to incorporate, we'll get it added and submitted in the coming week most likely.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Sweet! I loved the iPhone version.

11. robstoned

robstoned Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I Agree Completely!! If it's the same gameplay go universal. I'm pretty sure that most people don't pay attention to what size apps are and still have plenty of room on their idevices. I have a 16gb iphone 3gs and it has apps packed from one side to the other, along with a bunch of music and a 10 hour audio book and I still have over 3gb of space left. Out of 513 apps on my computer only 5 games are universal. Pretty Sad!

12. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Can't wait!

13. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    This is awesome news mika thanks man instad buy 4 me........lol

14. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, thats just you, I have a 16gb Touch, over 20gb of music on itunes, and I still have movies and every series of mighty boosh...

also if you buy a game on the 360 you don't then own it on the PC, they are different devices

15. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Well folks, Apple is on the ball - approved in under 48 hours! It should be available on an iPad near you very soon.

16. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    #16 Hmar9333, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    YAY!!!!

Intant-Purchase

EDIT: How much will it cost?

17. SeanR1221

SeanR1221 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Kind of disappointed, should have been an update.

Most likely a no go for me.