Best unknown rythm games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by motitas, Feb 9, 2010.

1. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    I only know one.

beat rider
    because:

good value 1.99 70 free tracks.
    keys actually make noise!
    you can use your own music (1.99 20 tracks 4.99 50 tracks)
    slide notes
    landscape and portrait play (5 and 3 keys)
    generates the charts for you

2. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Beatrider is probably the most underrated game in the entire appstore. It's easily infinitely superior than any of the stuff out right now that attempts to charge you more for every additional song they didn't put on their app, yet for some reason people still gladly purchase these "new songs". :rolleyes: Perhaps some people are just too lazy or technology-illiterate to upload their song and wait one minute while the software creates a rhythm game out of it.

3. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    A rhythm game with your own songs with your own money sounds like a good idea. it looks like you can save only a limited amount of songs though; can you delete one and then replace it with another?

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

You can delete and replace with others, yes. You can have a total of 50 songs at once in the game. That's already more than enough to play with at one time.

5. beaujangle

beaujangle Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #5 beaujangle, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    I just bought it. Does it take 7 days until I can download my uploaded songs?

EDIT: nevermind, the songs are ready really quickly! I was beginning to feel a little ripped off.

6. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Beat It was popular for a little while, but then disappeared. It was the best game by Glu with neat cartoon graphics and innovative, exciting gameplay. Really underrated.

7. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    is Lit Line unknown?

It has a better stock soundtrack than any of the other rhythm games

8. motitas

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    I've never heard of it so yes! anyways this thread is losing me money! I'm also happy I was able to get one more person into beat rider (best rythm game on the appstore) anyways the 7 days thing is you have 7 days to download it.

THESE GAMES ARE REMOVING THE BAD TASTE FROM RIDDIM RIBBON YAY!

9. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    I just got Beat Rider, I have yet to try it out though.

I thought Zombeat was good, if only because it had zombies.

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I Love Beat it!
    You can even create and share rhythms and play downloaded ones after the update.

11. motitas

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    so should I get lilit line OR mevo? I got beat it (awesome game, but really hard)

12. Aspargusman

Aspargusman Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    tap studio- great free app that lets you create your own tap sequences for whatever music you have- think free TTR but taken to a new level

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Like I mentioned before, I love the idea that Beat Rider follows, however it doesn't follow the "beats" of any of the songs I've tried very well at all.

Tap Studio is also an interesting idea, but I'm too lazy to create my own custom tracks and the already uploaded ones aren't very good IMO.

That leaves me mostly with TTR3, which is okay. I've found a bunch of custom tracks for the game, so it's better than before.

Don't like RockBand or any other of the other games, except for Beat It!, but that's a different type of music game.

14. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Beat It! Has a cool concept, I find it pretty challenging.

Rock Band is okay..That's about it. The number of free songs is appalling.

TTR2 remains my favorite of the TTR series, TTR3 is a joke.

Riddim Ribbon was a horrible disappointment. I don't find it to be fun at all.

Tap Studio is alright, I usually like playing pre-made tracks because its more fun to not know what's coming. Plus the tap recognition was always a little off.

Mevo was a cool idea, but it was always laggy when I played it [this was before I was JBed]