The Dead Hop - A Strategic-RPG - Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by GameHopping, Dec 4, 2011.

1. GameHopping

GameHopping Active Member

Targeted for a 1Q 2012 release is the Strategic-RPG - The Dead Hop

Screenshot 01.png

Screenshot 02.png

Screenshot 03.png

Screenshot 04.png

Screenshot 05.png

Screenshot 06.png

Screenshot 07.png

Screenshot 08.png

There is also a three part look inside video on youtube.com that details game play mechanics.

It will soon be entering a new testing phase, so it you like what you see and want to participate in testing, send a PM or email to [email protected]. testflightapp.com is being used for testing.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looks excellent; solid detailed strategy premise over graphics anyway. Sent an e-mail about testing.

3. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Watching your videos, I'm very impressed with all of the stat tracking, loot collecting, customization and variety of tactical options. For me, the only thing I don't really like is looking at the heads of both the player and enemies ( I would prefer the whole unit). Good luck with your game!

4. GameHopping

Free version submitted

The free version of The Dead Hop was submitted to the AppStore today with the full version to follow soon after.

Also created a new video that shows updated game play.
    It's the story of a young commando who gets in over his head. :)

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congratulations on the submission, I'll be looking forward to the full release. I played an early beta build of this game and I wanted to like it more than I did. I hate to seem superficial but the unpolished graphics made it hard to get into although there is a ton of potential here with detailed interface (which is often lacking in iOS games). Will be a day one purchase here.

6. Nichol140

Nichol140 Member

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG]Sent an e-mail about testing.

7. barret011

barret011 New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    thank you[​IMG]

8. GameHopping

I do understand, undeadcow, and I thank you for the feedback you submitted.

The feeling is that this game is targeting a niche that is not well represented.
    The stats, AI and object tracking are C++ and separate from the interface for future changes.
    The game is targeted at iTouch/iPhone sized screens and supports iOS 3.0 (the graphics are actually sized down from original size for later increase) so some interrface decisions are based on that.
    However, feedback is something that will very well shape the final product.
    This is one of the reasons for pushing the Free version out first. :)

9. GameHopping

Free version Approved!

After a quick removal of the Exit buttons (Apple doesn't like those), the Free Version was approved for release...so...

[​IMG]

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Cool... looking forward to checking out free release in anticipation of full edition.