Universal Ski Safari - (by Defiant Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Apr 25, 2012.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am still trying to get the quad backflip challenge. With the 1.1 update, this is perhaps the best endless runner I have yet played. I sure hope the developers continue to add more content or produce a sequel.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Try to start with an eagle, get high and start backfliping... I did more than four, landed correctly and did it, so dont need to count :)

3. Stride77

Stride77 New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    "taxi a penguin on a wolf on penguin peaks" ??

How can this be possible without a wolf on that mountain? I`ve got to a million points without getting to see any wolf on Pengun Peaks. Only on the other - Howling Hills. Every challenge is completed - every costume and accesories tested.... please advise :)

Stride77

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Stride77: You should be able to select the wolf as the starting animal.

TheFrost: Yes, I got the quad flip by using the eagle. I have had the yeti double flip mission challenging me for a while now and there is a new mission to transfer between 2 eagles that I know will be tough.

Did I mention that this game is fantastic? ;-)

5. SafariDude

SafariDude New Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Boring

Yup, as previously predicted, 5 clouds in a row is a snorer.

Options seem to be eagle at start, and try and spear 5 clouds, or big drop on a penguin. Both need more luck than skill, and frankly I've given up, and gone on to amazing Alex, tiny wings and frisbee 2.

Sorry guys, but I have a boredom threshold.

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Qow this game never cease to amaze me, bought the Sven Yeti outfit and guess what? It comes with new objectives... So much fun, probably my GOTY

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Another update! A new slope! Game of the Year material

8. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Yeah, I love this game, so glad I didn't get the update yesterday, it would have messed up my own app's submission.

I can't figure out how to 'bury your head in the snow as sauna sven' any ideas?

9. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Turned out to be very easy, just land upsidedownish on a near vertical fall. Taxi an Eagle on a Rocket is the only achievement left. I've also been playing so much I could just buy everything in the new update, all the snowmobiles, clothes, scarves and powerups. I obviously play it too much.

10. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Bug or not?

So before I updated the only objective I had left was busting through 5 clouds (4 was my best).

I updated to this new version which I really like btw. Played until I got up to Rock Star Rank. Anyway, so on my missions screen I have three stars remaining and I have only two missions to complete. This means one mission is not showing up? Is this a bug or is it suppose to be like this? Could it be missing the bust through clouds?

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    As far as I can tell, Snowmobiles paint jobs, new characters and many other things you buy give you more objectives, and I believe there are more missions than ranks, but I lost All my progress updating, so I have to do everything again (playing this two times is priceless) so Im not sure about it. The boost through 4 clouds in a row was changed a bit I believe

12. Initial D

Apr 22, 2012
    Thanks for the reply TheFrost.

But, my last two objectives are "Ride a ninja mobile as ninja sven" and "Taxi 20 birds using the bling mobile, 20 to go" when I don't even own them (I still have to buy them), so I'm thinking your guess might be incorrect? I'm also thinking about restarting and just doing everything over again. It sucks to an obsessive completist.

13. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    How?
    Has anyone else lost the progress with the update?

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I really dont know if Im right here... I will be sure when I finish it. If you love this game as much as I do, restart, its a blast (lost all coins but with the IAP coin doubler I am back on track)

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I updated through the iPhone AppStore after restoring and it was all gone, but oh well I have to play it all over again :D

16. Initial D

Apr 22, 2012
    Ok thanks TheFrost.

Let me know if the busting through clouds objective still exists. lol

I just got done doing one run and I'm not sure if my ears were playing tricks on me but I *think* I busted through 5 clouds and I heard a *ding*. But then I realized I don't even remember if there's any kind of sound when completing an objective. Anyway, I didn't get a star haha

17. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    After restoring the device?Just curious.

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes I had a problem then had to install iOS6 and after the restore it was gone, all my progress lost :)

And if I encounter that mission I will tell you... I did it once but no for the mission, and never again

19. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yet another big content update, 1.3 wich brings:

Damn this game is good, get it if you dont have it already

20. I like the Monster Mountain, it looks great on my new ipad. Really nice.