Ben Rawles Music - Music and Sound Design For Your Game!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by benrawlesmusic, Jun 7, 2013.

1. benrawlesmusic

benrawlesmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Composer and Sound Designer
    Leeds, England
    #1 benrawlesmusic, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Hi, I'm Ben. I'm a full-time composer and sound designer based in Leeds, England. I've been working in the Video Game and Film Industries for nearly 8 years, and I was recently awarded a First Class Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music (Composition and Production) at Leeds College of Music. Over the last two years, I've presented my work at prestigious venues like the Steinway Hall in London, and was recently invited back to University to present my latest work to students and staff.

As a full-time professional, I am dedicated to achieving exactly what you want for your project, with a wide knowledge of music genres and styles of sound design to draw on. Over the years, I've built up numerous strong relationships with game developers and companies, who regularly rely on me for their audio assets.

Recent Testimonials

Lunargist Games

"Ben was an absolute pleasure to work with for the tracks he composed for Reobirth: Magic's Awakening. He made helpful suggestions and worked within my budget, and very importantly, went far beyond my expectations and composed absolutely incredible and deeply memorable compositions to really set the tone and atmosphere for Reobirth.I simply couldn't be any happier with the top quality work and professionalism Ben displays: prompt responses, frequent updates, and just overall a really friendly and personable down to earth guy - made this feel more like an open and friendly collaborative effort rather than a cold client-and-composer relationship."

Orange Tree Samples

"Ben Rawles has serious talent! He worked quickly to produce demo music for my products, and was prompt in communicating. He also has a very good sense for the style of music suitable. I look forward to working with him in the future!"

FAQ

Where can I listen to your music and sound effects?
    Listen to my demos and previous projects at www.benrawles.com

What are your rates?
    My rates depend on the complexity of the music, so send me a quick email or add me on Skype, with a few details about what you want for your project, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you finish everything before *insert date here*?
    Almost definitely. I can work extremely quickly if required, but I never sacrifice quality. The most I've completed to date is 25 minutes of original music in 6 days.

How often are you online, and how do I contact you?
    As a full-time freelancer, I make sure I'm available all day, every day, and I work hard to get back to my clients as quickly as possible. You'll reach me fastest on Skype (benrawlesmusic) or by email ([email protected]).

Thanks for your interest,

Ben

web: www.benrawles.com
    email: [email protected]

2. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    New Projects Coming Soon!

I'll start work on a couple of great new projects within this month, so check back for updates and music!

My soundcloud page is constantly being updated too - https://soundcloud.com/benrawlesmusic

Send me an email or add me on skype (benrawlesmusic) if you're interested :)

3. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    New Testimonial!

This is a recent testimonial from the talented developer of Reobirth: Magics Awakening

"Ben was an absolute pleasure to work with for the tracks he composed for Reobirth: Magic's Awakening. He made helpful suggestions and worked within my budget, and very importantly, went far beyond my expectations and composed absolutely incredible and deeply memorable compositions to really set the tone and atmosphere for Reobirth.

I simply couldn't be any happier with the top quality work and professionalism Ben displays: prompt responses, frequent updates, and just overall a really friendly and personable down to earth guy - made this feel more like an open and friendly collaborative effort rather than a cold client-and-composer relationship."

4. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    iOS soundtrack coming up!

I'm composing an original soundtrack for a new Medieval MMO, and a new iOS/Android game during the next couple of months. Looking for some music or sound effects in your game? Send me a quick message, and I'll compose a sample!

All the best,
    Ben.

5. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    I've just finished a batch of Sci-fi sound effects for a great graphics package. It'll be available on the Unity Asset Store soon! If you'd like a sample of my sound design work, leave me a message at benrawles.com

6. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Working on three new indie projects!

I've been working with three great indie teams over Summer, so I'll have some new material up on Soundcloud soon! Contact me if you're interested in what I could do for your project!

7. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    I'm working on a new page for low-cost library music for games and film projects with a very tight budget. Go to my website!

8. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    I'm composing a national anthem.

I've just started work on the official National Anthem of Khosrea! Never thought I'd say that...

9. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    I'm working on an 'ident' for a graphic design company today!

10. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Composing new soundtracks for Questkick!

I'm working on some exciting table-top RPG fantasy soundtracks for Questkick.com. Check out the website!

11. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    New iOS Puzzle Game!

Composing music for an iOS/Android puzzle game, more info coming soon!

12. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    I've been working on the music and sound design for a huge RTS game project, I'll have some demos of the music up in the next few weeks!

13. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Working on some music for the My Pet Boris app, and my first game for OUYA!

14. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Thinking of starting a new music demo - what do you want to hear? Please leave your suggestions :)

15. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Tightest deadline so far - 25 minutes of music for film in 6 days!

16. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Working on my second kickstarter trailer over the next few weeks! Excited to get started!

17. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    I'm working on a new demo for the website, with Orange Tree Samples 'Angelic Zither'

18. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
  19. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Check out my latest video projects on my website HERE!

20. benrawlesmusic

Jun 7, 2013
    Leeds, England
    Working on some sword fighting sound design...