Universal RHYTHM THIEF & the Paris Caper (By Sega)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 9, 2014.

1. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Seem alot of bad impression for this one.

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    So what's changed?? Or is it the same as before!!

3. Max0809

Max0809 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    The only change they made was that they fix a game-breaking bug that would corrupt your save file but besides that, it's the same game

4. xCobalt

xCobalt Active Member

Jul 21, 2011
    What does vigor do?

5. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    ** AVOID **
    I'm running from something like 32mb/s connection on an iPhone 5 and this is sooooo laggy it's not even playable. Constant freezes and stumbles. Don't waste you're time and money. I've put in for a refund this is #!!!

6. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Bought this... 10$ and so much IAP to be competitive :/

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #47 Vovin, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Lol, man - so many "experts", but only a few people actually tried it.
    Maybe the drop to $2 soothes your prejudices?
    The front page review nailed it, especially the part about IAP (premium currency for additional dlc/content).

The game got 4,5/5 stars on touchArcade and 4 stars on 148Apps.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Looks like this will no longer run at the end of September...

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Another case of wishing all games (solo games) are offline. This game didn't do so well so now they're closing up shop. It's not mentioned but I doubt it'll work offline even if you paid for the IAP. I'm going to assume that once the service ends the game will be unplayable since it can't connect to the server.

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Really dumb and strange choice. At least update it so online is no longer needed and they can continue getting sales. It's like they don't want money from this anymore.

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yeah...this has been on my wish list since forever. I like the basic gameplay and wish they would repackage this as an offline game without all the extra junk.

12. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

Apple should flag apps and games that require Internet access to a hosted service to work so that buyers are informed that they are purchasing with risk.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I agree with you guys, they should have updated it to make it playable but alas that costs money and they obviously are in it for the money. There's no need for them as a company to help you out since they already took your money.

The reason most single player games are made online in the first place is to make sure you can't cheat (so you need to spend money). There are some cases where games are online only to preserve some scoreboard checking but that's mainly for multiplayer. For single player it's pretty much to protect investments.

It's unfortunate such a cool game will disappear from the Appstore and no one will ever be able to play it anymore.