Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-17-2014, 08:57 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I left iOS gaming around 2011 the first time around because I was tired of the games that were coming out (freemium, etc).

But now, I see there's a lot of good games coming out that are premium-style games. Sure, for every 1 good premium game there are 99 free-to-play garbage games, but that ratio is good enough for me.

Lots of good RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Avadon and Avernum, Ravensword or stuff like Xcom Enemy Unknown. Or even some XBLA titles like Bastion. These are PC and consoles games that are breaking into the IOS scene and many of them are doing well, so it's encouraging.

I just picked up a new iPad Mini retina (like a mini-air basically) and I have more than enough games to play for a year. Sites like these are essential for me to find the good games of course. The forums and the reviews are great. I just wish they hadn't removed the user review section.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:15 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

The best thing to do can be to put out a message to people you know. I've sent and all-staff email to the place where I work before. I slightly undercut the current ebay going rate and manage to save a load of grief.

Really though I think there's as much great stuff coming out int he App Store as there ever has been. You just need to look a little harder to filter out the freemium crap.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Keep it for all the games Foursaken will launch. -ahem- bug heroes 2
Old 02-18-2014, 02:09 AM

Did you try Gazzelle.com?

I have no idea of their pricing, but that is what they do..... Buy and trade devices.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:11 AM

You'll probably never make close to your money spent back so I'd recommend keeping it, I feel similar to you but I'll be holding onto mine for reading and the occasional decent title that comes along.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've sold two iPads, both of them through Amazon. One, in fact, was a trade-in for an Amazon gift card. Got $400 in gift card value for a 16 GB iPad 3 a week before iPad 4 was announced (I watched the Apple sites and heard rumors of the announcement so I sold it. Since the Air is the newest model, you should get a good return if you sell it to the right place. Even 16 GB in good condition should fetch close to $400 if not more considering what I received for the 3 a week prior to the 4 coming out.

Apple products historically have higher trade-in value than comparable products in the same category.

As of now, Amazon trade-in value of the Air is $326.50 for 16GB, actually quite low but maybe they've gone lower because Apple releases too many versions. They need to go over a year without releasing one and the trade-in value would be better.

Last edited by HarryWarden; 02-24-2014 at 12:11 AM..
Old 02-24-2014, 06:16 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the help.

The idea I had was to sell my 32gb ipad Air to a: get out of mobile gaming now the App Store is going to hell and b: raise the cash to buy a handheld console.

But.. Having just borrowed my friends DS lite and played on it, it suddenly renders my plan useless as I'm having a HUGE problem reading text on such a tiny screen and as I wanted it for RPGs I would be reading a lot of text. Even with my glasses on, I struggle to read the text in this thing.

So, sadly it seems I'll have to stick with my ipad because of the screen size, I'll just hope that the App Store gets out of its current freemium fad ASAP and we actually start getting decent games.