Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. JoEllynO

JoEllynO Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wisconsin, USA
    Yes - just wondering how many of the next 12 you need and if I should start working on something to help you.

2. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

So with the update to Game Center we all seem to have lost the ability to let people know our innermost desires with a simple status message, and there's only so much you can put in a signature (which is ok :))

For anyone who is interested, (but this is mainly for my own quick reference) I've put a list of my froggydex stats on my (old and neglected) LiveJournal.

This is the link http://obsessed7.livejournal.com/22563.html if anyone is curious or can be bothered.

On another note, I sent my last new frog to my MB this morning! Yay! I'd run a competition but there's only a choice of three, and I wouldn't be offering prizes anyway! :p

3. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #25303 dean288367, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Lucky for me, I am over 14 :)

The first thing you see when you go to dlstar's link:

The content that you are about to view could contain adult concepts which may not be suitable for minors

I took the chance but it was just a list of frogs :cool:

4. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Er, that would be some of the stuff that only my LJ friends can see :) fanfics mostly I'd say.

5. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Finished dexing Favus', so some coming your way in the next few days.

Thanks to: GiantRoboCat, JoEllynO, MartiNZ, meplie, Shortbus123, Madmaze, Jerutix, heeranc80, Venhpad, Lisianne, dean288367, danjarus, Spearcom, ladybird, AndiNZ, and last but not least Nirtew.

For those wanting to level up, this dex took about 2 weeks and leveled me from 28 to 33. Would've also made me a heap of coins except I didn't let the little buggers grow up before I bred the next batch.

Onto Fortuno now thanks to Shortbus, and after that Lunaris. Gifts of either, or anything else you have spare always gratefully received.

Also, has anyone come across a breeding combo where you can only get 3 outcomes? I thought this weird but it did involve a glass frog which can be unusual.

Have also trained my finger (mostly) to not hit the Tame with Potions button - amazing what one can get used to.

6. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    @dom

Cornus?

7. Shortbus123

Shortbus123 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    There are some breeds where there are not 4 outcomes. I think it has something to do with some breeds that are programmed to have mutations. Otherwise it would not wpbe possible to create chroma.

8. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Hello Domenic15, my apologies for the reminder posted in haste. I didn't even say hello :eek:. Thanks for the game and narrowing down the list. My second guess is the power button..the Vicis.

9. Locama0

Locama0 Active Member

Aug 16, 2012
    UK
    @dlstar
    Hmm, strange, I'm still definitely not getting XP. Thank you anyway.

10. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    I have a decent group of black Fortuno I can send your way. Hope you have a bit of a stamp stockpile, cos I would hate to overload you. :D

Many thanks, as ever, to all my trading friends. You're all fantastic. :)

11. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Fire away! Let me send you a colour, what haven't you done yet?

12. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Everything that's not black, as it happens. I am working on Olive at the moment, otherwise the field is wide open.

Three grown ones left I can send now, and 5 more tomorrow when they're done.

13. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Ok, well I'm starting with Maroon so will send 8 in the fullness of time...Thanks:)

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Good morning everyone. A big thanks to my friends for the gifts yesterday. Shortbus, awboj, Quossum, Laura, vtbebop, JKlau, Madmaze, danjarus, Andi, bezoar, CJFlora and Domenic (more than 8). If I missed anyone, your frogs are probably not in my mailbox yet :)

One of my gifts yesterday was a Glass Picea Lunaris, cool looking frog.

15. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    It happens very rarely when breeding a pair one of which is a glass or chroma frog. It's a case where one of the possible outcomes involving the, say, a glass frog is the same as a glass frog that PF is programmed to switch from another outcome. It's tough for me to say. Here's a made-up example:

You're breeding Glass Tingo BreedA X Red Carota BreedA

possible outcomes:
    Glass Tingo BreedA
    Red Tingo BreedA
    Glass Carota BreedA
    Red Carota BreedA

But PF is programed to change Red Tingo BreedA to GLASS Tingo BreedA.

So you end up with only three possible outcomes:
    Glass Tingo BreedA

Glass Carota BreedA
    Red Carota BreedA

As I say, it's very rare.

16. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Those Lunaris win my vote for the creepiest new frog. Especially the chromas.

@ awboj: Thank you, my maroon count is on 0.00%, and would be the last I get to, since I usually work from bottom to top (no, I don't know why either). :)

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I liked the Glass Picea one, was perfect for a spooky night :)

Enjoy your Solar Eclipse, wish we could see it. It makes every thing look so strange.

18. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    That's what I meant. One can buy stamps & potions then do things with them but the only way to get XP is to tame frogs. Thus, if taming via "potions" resulted in XP, then THAT would be an indirect way of "buying" XP.

Hope that made it clearer.

You've already been pointed by others but the biggest changes, IMO & in brief are: a gazillion new frogs, use of the Game Center, "potions for taming," &, (intended or not) incessant robo-notifications in the pond & MB, & different wording for receiving gifts which can be initially confusing. Glitches include: tapping too fast gets you two of the gifted frog, a "fat finger" sends a gift to the wrong person -- if you can even tell who it went to (I did that this morning & an unintended someone was the beneficiary). OK, "fat finger" is not a glitch but annoyance.

First, it may have taken you 2 weeks to go up so many levels but how many hours/day?!!

My finger also getting reluctantly trained. But still "fat" & too jumpy in the pond.

Haven't seen a Chroma Lunaris but the creepiest by far, in my mind, is the Foramen. Don't have all the frogs yet so can't say firsthand which is my favorite so it's still the Insero. And no, the Pluma, tho' close, is not the same.

p.s. Many thanks to those who generously shared frogs: Quo for the Flecto, dom for the Skeletos & Fortuno, mirtech for the Emblema, Andi for the Templum, Nirtew for the Nebula, & short for the Favus.

p.p.s.: I'm just beginning to receive the frogs from this week's set so this time I can redeem them rather than send out to others! I'll need room in my habs to house them, briefly, so fewer gifts now would be helpful.

p.p.p.s.: Initially & currently, I'm a reactive PF player meaning I DO reciprocate but don't initiate. During the time I *wasn't* trading, I was gifting randomly because I didn't have a full MB all the time. Now I only gift weekly sets randomly, if I finish early. Unlike others, I'm still at the level I was prior to the update.

p.p.p.p.s.: If I find either of the two missing new frogs in the pond & my MB is full you'll hear me scream even if you live down under!

19. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    30 mins per day to sell all the half matured frogs and breed new batch - no hopping required:)

20. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Thanks, very clear explanation.