The Last of Us [PS3]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by september, Jun 10, 2013.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #61 backtothis, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    I found Uncharted 3 a little boring after seeing all the fanfare it received in 2011. Let me 11 year old brother play through it all instead. I played like an hour of it total. Too much parkour and boring scenes. My bro liked it though. Took him like 10 hours.

@JBRUU: About every source reports the game to be 15 hours long. It's indeed pretty long for a campaign.

Going try to finish it by next week. Need to get started on some more XBOX games!

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yup, know what you mean there. Some games, half the entertainment/experience is just soaking in the world. I did the same with BioShock.

I might even get a PS3 just for this. Very jealous of you guys here.

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    i want to see this game on PC and iOS

:)

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The Last Of Us had my heart racing today. The game says I’m past 20% completion already. Been about 2.5 hours. Great game..

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Have you met Billy yet? My favorite part of the game thus far comes when you meet Billy.

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    David isn't a crack up like Billy, but he's also a well done character.

7. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Anyone dabbled much in the multiplayer?

Reminds me of a Counterstrike/Clan Arena mix up dressed up in the whole survivor thing - Day 4, 12 followers, no rations type of deal. I wouldn't call it groundbreaking but I'm finding it fairly enjoyable.

Although like CS and CA when it's last man standing on a team you know you're going to have to wait 5 minutes while it takes the other team time to figure out that last man is (nearly always) crouched and hiding down a toilet doorway camping. Does tend to get a bit old when you're just after a quick game.

8. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh I didn't mean I loved Billy, just that it was a good point of focus for when I should talk to someone about something that happens!

I hate Billy, truthfully. Ugh. Such a jerk... but he and Ellie seem to be warming up to each other finally. We'll see if that continues :p

I played a little multiplayer immediately when I opened it, and it pissed me off! I thought it was just too damn hard, and... ugh. I wasn't having any fun. I was talking down on it for being too much like a harder version of Uncharted's multiplayer.

But since then, I have played a couple more hours of it I think, and I'm liking it a lot now! However, I have stopped playing it until further notice, since I didn't know they used levels from the single-player campaign. I want to visit the levels in single-player before I play them in multiplayer.

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    His unloveability and town is half the charm :)

10. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Bill is such an angel compared to David. Got a shock when I found out that David is voiced by Nolan North.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Anyone who finished the game have a void in their heart right now? It's been weeks since I finished the game and, godamnit....I miss Ellie.

12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah me too, he did a good job. Normally he's very distinctive.

I'd love more yes.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Saw the ending for The Last of Us coming from a mile away. Still an incredible plot though. The voice-acting and characters were great.

The gameplay was fun, but I don’t feel like TLOU really did that many new things in that respect. It’s not a game I’d replay any time soon.

Really liked the attention to detail.

Either way, I’m very satisfied with my first PS3 Sony exclusive. Been a long while since the PS2 days.