Universal Assault Vector - A space themed turn based strategy game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pkMinhas, Aug 6, 2014.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Sorry - delayed response on 1.1

Overall the game is much better. More variety in enemy types is very welcome, and makes the game more challenging.

Nerfing the jump and cannon was a good choice - previously once you had the jump beefed up a bit you could play until you got stuck, then either jump to the other side of ships (if you've retreated to the lower-left-hand corner) or jump to the exit if things really looked bad.

I think you nerfed the cannon a bit too much - with the inclusion of the ship you can't move next to, I'd recommend increasing it by one hex.

I was hoping to see some ships that fired along the "/" direction, those would really mix things up - right now the best strategy is still to move along the bottom of the map since the ships focus on "-" and "\" directions.

The new clear hexes look great, colored with a ship in them is a good compromise for viability. One thing that you might want to look at is now some of the backgrounds have an asteroid sitting in the middle of a hex (that was once opaque) and look like one of the asteroids that affect the game, which threw me off guard a few times. If you need a screenshot, I can provide one. Either move the asteroid(s) or lighten them up so they look like they're just background.

Good update to a fun (but previously too easy) game! :D

2. pkMinhas

pkMinhas Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Thanks for the feedback. :)
    * Nerfing the cannon to level 4 helps keep the game challenging :p
    * Moving along the bottom? Gotta check it out!
    * As for enemies with / pattern, I implemented one while creating the update, but it was too easy to kill such enemies by moving in from the top left. I will revisit the enemies after I achieve a good milestone in sales. Perhaps after a 1000 copies.
    * Asteroids in the background: I understand your point. However, this is one item that I might not address since I would need to create a copy of the background with zero asteroids & that is no easy task!

Since most of the players on this TA forum are having fun with Assault Vector, I request everyone to please leave a stellar review on the App Store & help me with the game's visibility in any way you can.

3. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    New trailer

Hello gamers,
    I created a new trailer for the game. Take a look & let me know your feedback.

4. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Anybody looking for a strategy fix this weekend?

5. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Price Drop!

Assault Vector is now available for $0.99 (USD). Grab it now!

:)

6. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    iPhone 6/6+

Do you own an iPhone 6 or 6+?
    Can you tell me how the game looks on these devices & whether there are any bugs?
    I will provide you with a promo code for Assault Vector in case you are interested.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Waiting for a 6+, when it gets here I will let you know - no promo code needed. ;)

8. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Cool!

9. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Perplexed!

As gamers, how do you come to know about games worthy of your time?
    Is it through reviews on sites like TA, via recommendations from people you know or via the App Store pages?

To be honest with everybody, Assault Vector is now lost under all the apps & games on the App Store. Sales have trickled down to zero & I am just wondering what to do next. I have tried advertisements but people just don't click on ads anymore! :confused:

10. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    @drelbs, did you get your 6+? It would be cool if you could send me a couple of screenshots of Assault Vector running on your phone.

11. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
  12. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    I am witnessing hundreds of downloads since yesterday.
    Please don't forget to leave a review once you are done playing the game.

13. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Android!

Hello guys,
    I am working on the Android version, and have decided to release 2 separate version:
    • Paid game, the same thing as the iOS version
    • A free version having interstitial ads, since Android folk don't like paying for stuff.

Let me know your thoughts :)

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I promised I'd post again after I got my 6 Plus to try this on...

Happy to report that the game looks and plays fine on the 6 Plus.

I still think you nerfed the max range of the beam by one hex too much. When that one ship shows up, you don't have much choice than to zap it.

15. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    That's cool! BTW, isn't the 6+ a beast to carry around? I found 6 to be much easier to handle.

Now back to Assault Vector:
    I'll reduce the max range of Neutron Cannon in the next update & increase the grid size by 1 :). I am out of ideas for what else to offer in the update.

Having analyzed the game & player feedback, I have realized that the grid size (number of hexes) is the only reason that some enemies feel overpowered or underpowered.
    Hoplite (mentioning this once since 1. I am a fan. 2. Almost everyone compares Assault Vector to Hoplite) has almost double number of hexes & hence provides a much larger range of movement/attack & opportunities for adding complex behaviours to the AI.

16. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
  17. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Xmas wishes

Wishing everybody a merry xmas.

Hohoho :)

18. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    And the same to you! Picking this up, it looks pretty cool.

19. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    A big thank you to the Dev for being so present here, seeking feedback, etc.; and also for not going the freemium route. Really enjoying the game, and am on my way to leave feedback now.

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Likewise :)