Universal Hitman GO (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 21, 2014.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

Hitman GO

CDE Entertainment Ltd.
    Get your daily fix of Agent 47 with this elegant, strategy-based Hitman game! 5/5 Slide to Play: "…this is one to check…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Get your daily fix of Agent 47 with this elegant, strategy-based Hitman game! 5/5 Slide to Play: "…this is one to check out." 4/5 Joystiq: "Hitman GO is an impressive debut for Square Enix Montreal.” 4/5 Pocket Gamer - SILVER AWARD: "Hitman GO is a clever and refreshingly original puzzle game" 4/5 Polygon: "Hitman GO is a great minimalist take on the series' big ideas" 5/5 Pocket-lint: "Hitman GO is a clever and intelligent way of bringing a much-loved franchise to a mobile platform" BEST GAME DESIGN - 2014 Canadian Videogame Awards BEST IOS GAME - 2014 Canadian Videogame Awards Hitman GO is an award-winning turn-based strategy game with beautifully rendered diorama-style set pieces. You will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out your target or infiltrate well-guarded locations. You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises, distractions, sniper rifles and even 47’s iconic Silverballers. With Hitman GO, you’ll experience: • Challenging puzzles that put your assassination skills to the test • Beautiful scale model-style visuals • Environments with secret passageways and off-limit areas • Agent 47’s tools of the trade: Distractions, disguises, hiding spots, sniper rifles and even the iconic Silverballers • Different enemy types with unique and deadly behaviours • Different ways of completing each level, silently or forcefully Please note: ** THIS GAME IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE iPod Touch 4th GENERATION ** Hitman GO minimum requirements: iPad 2 and above, iPad Mini, iPhone 4 and above, iPod Touch 5th generation and above.
    Information
    Seller:CDE Entertainment Ltd.
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Apr 17, 2014
    Updated:Sep 06, 2023
    Version:1.13.8
    Size:1.1 GB
    User Rating: (41)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ayayay... Another soft launch with a price tag. A final beta that you buy before the game is finalized?

Well, i just hope the game is good and worth buying the worldwide release hits.

3. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    That looks like the most uninteresting game I've ever seen, I thought they said it would be an authentic hit man experience?

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It's like Steam Early Access

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I refuse to buy soft launch games. This is my new policy. I HATE feeling excluded.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Wow, I was remaining optimistic that this might not be crap, but yeah...this looks like the most boring, dull take on a Hitman game possible.

7. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I am with you on this. I know all the arguments for it but it makes my blood boil when I see it. I don't however have the courage of my convictions when it does go global, so I'll probably still pick it up. But still :mad:

8. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    It looks like it could be ok gameplay-wise but I have to agree that it's a massive mis-use of the Hitman licence. 3rd person stealth and board games don't tend to go hand in hand.

That said, I have no idea where the hostility towards soft launches has come from. Early Access is a common occurance and no one is forcing you to buy it before it releases officially. Besides, every game is tested within a closed environment of some form - if you hate being excluded then I'm afraid it's happened to you with almost every game made.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree i dont see the hate with soft launches, just 'pretend' its out not out yet for a few weeks. If they released it worldwide with major issues/bugs/server problems people would be moaning like anything.

I'm fine with soft launches, think they're a good idea, you can do all the testing you want but until that game launches worldwide you dont have a real idea of how your servers etc might respond. Safer this way

I mean hate IAP's or timers fair enough !! But soft launches ? Totally fine

As for this game, with the Hitman name attached to it i was expecting so much more, does look really bad

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I know. It's such a weird mix. I mean, Hitman was always more of a puzzle stealth game in a way, but this looks like such a dull take on the franchise

They could have done a top-down GTA-esque Hitman. That could work. Small maps, take disguises, watch patrols, etc. Instead we get this

11. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Precisely. I'm not even that big of a fan of the Hitman series but an entry on iOS would probably get me interested enough to reconsider and buy it. Regardless of how Splinter Cell: Conviction was received, it still showed that 3rd person sneak 'em-ups were possible on the platform.

If they made the top-down version you described I'd have bought it in a heartbeat, the only more unlikely combination they could have gone with is a virtual pet simulation where you have to feed and care for your Agent 47...

12. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    errrrr what other gems like this is are in the work ? square is totally lame nowdays. free-to-play, irrelevant ports of famous games, gallery apps, companion apps, so many missed opportunities so many bad calls... can't they just give up instead of loosing money in such boring things ?

13. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Agreed, I understand why companies do this but it is getting to be annoying.

14. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    This seems like it would be really cool if it WASN'T a Hitman game. The art style is nice and seems like a decent stealth game.

15. Emotive

Emotive Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Great White North
    Well that was interesting in the worst way possible.

16. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Even by low appstore standards this looks terrible.

17. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    This could have been any game with any character, trying to turn the hitman franchise into something completely different just smacks of a quick cash in.

GaZ

18. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    total failed. dunno what they smokin when they're making this game. sorry but I'm a huge fan hitman series and this is like a bad taste to my eyes.