Surreal System Unreal Engine Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Surrealness, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Surrealness

Surrealness Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    #1 Surrealness, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Dear TouchArcade:

Thank you so much for the amazing and continued support. I wanted to provide an explanation as to what happened to Surreal System as well as the current state of the game.

Surreal System was an amazing experience to develop. We had an amazing team with incredibly talented members but the project was just too ambitious at the time. It came to a point where I was not happy with the state the game was in and felt we needed to revamp. This caused tremendous strain on the team and, unfortunately, we dispersed long ago. I still have the utmost respect for those fellow friends and, hopefully, some of them will see this and I'll be able to reunite with them once more.

I was only 16 when development on Surreal System began. Despite my enthusiasm, there was just an air of inexperience that followed in everything I did. I jumped into a huge undertaking without the proper knowledge nor the tools necessary to deliver a product worthy of the praise it was receiving. I felt that I needed to take time to properly grow my skills and artistic prowess before delivering a worthy product.

Now I am back, 4 years later armed with experiences and a revamped love for game development. I have been developing mobile games and experimental indie games these past years to try to enhance what I can offer to a team environment. These small mobile games were developed with growth in mind and the idea that I could learn one concept at a time rather than jump into something too big for my own good.

I will be releasing some of these games on the app store for free to show the growth I have been striving to achieve.

Surreal System is my ultimate goal. The game I wish to leave a mark on the world with. It is my child and I have always been in love with both the concept and the story. I have not given up and hopefully you haven't given up on me either. I want nothing more than to complete it and I will do all that I can to, one day, deliver a game that can live up to the praise it had so far received.

Yes, that means I am going to continue Surreal System and, this time, see it to completion.

Now for some updates and thoughts:

1) Surreal System is now being developed in Unreal Engine 4. This new, much more powerful engine, will allow us to develop innovative game-play techniques much faster and more efficiently. Moving the assets from UDK has proven to be difficult but I am working hard to do this as quick as possible.

2) This game has been and still is a heavily story based experience. Bioshock has always been a huge inspiration, however, we'd also like to try and add more of our own ideas into the game. Think of it as a Surreal System V2. These gameplay avenues we are choosing to take enhance the story whilst still being fun to play around with.

3) Unlike last time, I am not setting tentative release dates as to ensure, when we are ready, the experience is as amazing as the people taking time to play it. Setting deadlines is something we will still do but release dates are a no-no for right now.

4)We want to take you through the journey with us through both Developer Videos as well as on this very forum, posting updates to ensure development is going well.

5) Hopefully every single one of you who has supported Surreal System in the past can forgive me. I was arrogant and inexperienced and promised things I could not deliver. Hopefully now I can deliver on those promises I made so many years back. I truly am grateful to all of you and you have impacted my life in many ways.

To conclude, thank you for taking time to read this long letter. I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me and continue to support me in this next stage of my life.

Sincerely and with the utmost respect,

Jordan Michalski
    (Flying M Games)

New development thread to be made soon.

2. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Is this real?

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #3 Primoz, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  4. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    That was a good one:)

Yes it is! I am actually the Founder of Flying M Games.:)

5. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    This is actually a very updated trailer and the game moved extremely ahead of the previous post so I started the new thread:)

6. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I remember the old thread. The game seems to be coming along nicely :)

7. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    I don't know how to embed the trailer on the first post so that everyone does not need to leave the page to watch it

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    iPod touch 4g support?

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    There:

Quote this post to see how to do it.

Edit: nvm... I see you already did it :)

10. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    I figured it out!:)

11. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Yes:)

12. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Yes :) woohoo.

Now release date

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Will it also run on 3Gs? Or does the game require the A4?

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    They were saying that it's coming on the 12th of December in 2012, so 12 12 12. I hope it didn't get pushed back.

15. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    Great news,thanks for answer.

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    That would be awsome

17. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
  18. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i will waiting for this,looks nice and good graphics!

19. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Thank you everyone! And no, 12-12-12 is the wrong date. It will be released in 2013, for it is both a pc game and an ios game. We want to create the best expierience possible so we are not rushing through development. The demo should be up, though, in about a month.:)

20. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I assume the iOS game will look like in the trailer, and by the looks of things it's not touch and watch yourself move (infinity blade style) so thats good :D