Ipad 5 & Ipad Mini2 planned for March 2013

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pka4916, Dec 25, 2012.

1. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
  2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Just wonderful and my ipad2 50th birthday gift will be 3 generations old and obsolete before its even 1 yr old. Thanks apple

3. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Hmmm...Apple milking the sheep for all its worth? Sorry I couldn't resist that ;)

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Mind this is all rumor. Don't believe everything you hear. Remember the iPad 3 with no physical home button? Yeah that happened

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm still waiting on my iPhone 5 with holograms!

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lol...no. Isn't happening. There's no need to update the iPad model. iPad mini, maybe, but doubtful.

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #7 Hambo12, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    Fifth Generation iPad With Retina Display will look more like the iPad mini with the design. With the A7X chip.
    And the iPad Mini 2 will have retina display and the A6 chip.

Also rumored after the iPhone 5S, is the iPhone 6 with a 4"8 screen with no home button and full gesture controls, Retina+IGZO display, super HD camera, and 6-8 colors.

8. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Why wait for the iPhone 6 for IGZO displays? Android has already got a 1080p 5-inch phone with IGZO display from LG.

9. Since I have the new ipad, don't really care anymore on the time for cycles. Actually, maybe a 6 month cycle would be to maximize tech gains all the time. But weird, I was probably going to buy the ipad 5 next xmas, but if this rumour is true, would buy the ipad 6 next xmas.

10. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Why are people mad?

Its not like your current device will suddenly explode or stop working.

11. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i hate apple for this ,are they crazy?i cant buy every 3 months new ipad or iphone...

12. Well, usually it comes from people with the most latest hardware, now the ipad 4, ipad mini, and iphone 5. Since I have a new ipad, I actually want new as fast as possible.

You know my new ipad was severely criticized for heatgate, weightgate, and underpowered gate. And I will admit, it hurt when the ipad 4 came out, and my new ipad got discontinued in 7 months. Especially with all the rumours back then, the ipad 4 was supposedly IGZO, 128 gb max space, same weight as an ipad 2, battery length 4 hrs more, cpu 2x, no heat problems due to one lightbar instead of two. Only thing that the new ipad had for it was a samsung screen vs lg, and I didn't want to go with a lightning connector cause a lot of my cables wouldn't work and I did not want to buy 30 dollar adapters.

Then when the ipad 4 came out, I was shocked, very small changes mainly the cpu 2x. Comparing games, there are only a handful of games that really run alot better on the ipad 4 vs new ipad. In fact, games that I thought were running bad on the new ipad after updates run fine now like wild blood or nfs most wanted. Not saying that there is no difference, but the only game right now that I am jealous about is Nova 3, it seems to run the way it should. The new ipad version had framerate problems.

I don't care too much about added effects all that much. I realize one day games will be optimized for ipad 4 to use its faster processor, but you know what? Some people say the new ipad is underpowered, well, the ipad 4 is the neglected child. Developers have done almost nothing to use its capabilities. Also, there is almost no one at the stores looking at it. If the ipad 5 comes out in
    March like rumoured, then it will end up being a neglected child just like the new ipad had become.

It'll end up being that the new ipad and ipad 4 will be like stepbrothers, with the ipad 5 getting all the attention and glory.

So I as a new ipad owner look forward to the ipad 5 or 6, the faster
    The better. Heatgate, weightgate, batterygate, igzogate, 128gbgate, sdcardgate, a7gate, thinnerbevelgate, etc, are all things I look forward to as soon as possible. Since the developers are not really supporting the ipad 4, ipad 5 will be the driving force for better console games.

Since I spend most of my time now with my ipad as a console via hdmi tv, I really look forward to the day, developers take the ipad seriously. And that time will probably be the ipad 5 or 6.

Now I know ipad 4 owners won't like my comments, but I hate to say it, both the new ipad and ipad 4 are neglected children in their own way. But at least the ipad is well rounded, and won't go extinct anytime soon. It just seems neglected by developers and consumers. So I would feel bad for the ipad
    4 owners if they do come out in march. Cause i just went through it, so I can feel the pain.

Iphone 5 users, I don't think the 5s if it comes out will be that much different.

But I would feel really bad for ipad mini owners if a retina with a6 cpu comes out in march. Even if it comes out next october. Most people don't really how big of a difference BOTH a retina and a6 would do. Oh that would be painful to have a totally extinct old ipad mini. It would be hard to take. Ouch

Anyway, I really look forward to igzo screens, lighter, better cpu, at least 128 gb
    Disk space, no heatgate, sd card support, wireless joysticks, better airplay console support, and a longer battery.

Sorry if I offended any ipad 4 owners from my remarks. But at least you got a better ipad 4, and I have an underpowered yet faithful new ipad. :)

13. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    LITERALLY LMAO at this... I actually choked!:eek::D:eek::D

DBC

14. I think you can already find maxipads in stores. I could have sworn I saw some on sale at Ralphs... ;)

15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I hope this 6 months upgrade rumor is true. Don't want to wait a year just to get the retina display on the mini. Other than taking away the ability to brag that you have the "latest" iDevice 6 months earlier, there's absolutely no negatives about bi-yearly upgrades.

16. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    QFT. I just got an ipad 4 and while its for sure nicer than my ipad 2 and it has a boost in performance there really isnt a world of difference between them. The only game I havent been able to run on my ipad 2 is Baldurs Gate and thats because i havent updated it to ios 6.

Theres really very little games or apps that pushes even the ipad 2 capacity to the max so even if you dont buy a new device often it will take a good while before its phased out for real.

17. Hmmm... Another article about the faster refreshes due to competition with the microsoft surface and google tablets.

http://www.newsfactor.com/mobile/?sid=86191&do=story

Didn't think this March refresh was really credible, but a lot of these rumours do come true, so maybe it will be possible. There a ton of people waiting for the ipad 5. I really think apple was forced to put out the ipad 4 thing mainly due to the Samsung wars and to get all devices on the lightning connector. I don't really think apple wanted to put out an ipad 4 so early.

So guess anything is possible. But noways, I kind of want to get on the even cycles, it always seems like the even cycles are the more polished versions. I kind of hope they do change to biyearly cycles, and come out with the ipad 5 come march, and then the ipad 6 come October. Then I would buy the ipad 6. That would be cool.

But 7 is my lucky number, maybe I should wait for the ipad 7. ;)

18. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I find the people that upgrade whenever a new product out to be pretty careless about spending their money and actually using the product. I mean, it seems that they're just buying the product like a hobby.

I've been using my iPad 1 since December 2010. I mean I want the newest, but I tend to have self control. Your never going to match or beat technology.

This just that people will blindly buy Apple products even if barely anything is changed. It's also one of Apple's greatest marketing strengths. Either way, I don't feel bad for the people that owned the iPad 3 and then upgraded to the iPad 4 and now the iPad 5 is coming. They should have realized that the iPad was always going to be on a March release cycle. Apple had to get the iPad Mini into the holiday season and had to update the iPad with lightening connector so it wouldn't be outdated.

Personally I cant wait to upgrade my iPad 1 to a iPad Mini with Retina display.

19. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    I deliberately held off from buying the iPad 1 because I didn't understand the point at the time, and I got burned buying an e-book reader that became obsolete in 6 months (early adopters).

The iPad 2 addressed everything that I didn't like about the iPad 1 in terms of specs. Then my resistance wavered around 3 months after the launch date.

If Apple feel the need to release a new product every 6 months, fine. Only on the proviso that there is no forced obsolescence i.e. new version of iOS that older models 'cannot' support, that has limited features.

I'll suspect that I'll be using my iPad 2 for quite some time because there are a wealth of games that I have yet to play. My non-gaming apps are more than served by my current device.

This is the reason I stuck with my HTC Desire (a) iPad and MacBook are my main computing tools, and (b) I wanted to get off the upgrade ride, being tied in 2 year phone contracts.

20. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    which means my ipod touch 5 (A5) will be 2 generation behind the popular IOS device (A7) soon.
    I can't really regard it as a good news.