Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Ben! Ben! is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 394
Default

Yeah, maybe.

I'm using an iPhone 5s now, but I have the faintest memory about there being a different process for scrolling around on my iPad 2. I may be wrong about that, though.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Mark DeNardo Mark DeNardo is offline
Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 43
Default

Does this end or is it a true roguelike that way w endless dungeons?

Up to "king of keep hill" including "deathmont" and "black valley."

Brilliant game. One of the best iOS games of 2013.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Xissoric Xissoric is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark DeNardo View Post
Does this end or is it a true roguelike that way w endless dungeons?

Up to "king of keep hill" including "deathmont" and "black valley."

Brilliant game. One of the best iOS games of 2013.
Well, there is an end to the dungeons, but as you progress through the levels you'll unlock endless dungeons that you can see how far you can make it in.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xissoric View Post
Well, there is an end to the dungeons, but as you progress through the levels you'll unlock endless dungeons that you can see how far you can make it in.
Does it track your furthest run in each of these endless dungeons?
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Jorlen Jorlen is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Does it track your furthest run in each of these endless dungeons?
Here's how it works.

Once you get to the end of an area (10th floor usually) that floor contains a ladder, which allow you go enter the endless dungeon of that dungeon layout/area.

To my knowledge, no, there is no way to track how deep you can get in this endless dungeon, which is a shame.

Also, there really doesn't seem to be an end to them, but honestly, I always die after 7-8 floors because the enemies become progressively more difficult (which is the idea and appeal obviously).

This game is still one of my fav roguelikes, but lately I've been crashing a lot lately (usually at the end of the level) which sucks, because all progress on that map is lost. I also would KILL to know how to scroll the stupid level around on my ipad mini. I've tried EVERYTHING and the developer isn't answering my requests (he probably has a life, which is fine lol).
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 01-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Blue Steel Blue Steel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15
Default This Game is AMAZING

Brilliant game. I explain it to friends as a "tactical rogue-like". I love the graphics, the puzzles, and the tactical battles where direction and surrounding all matters. One of my favorite games now, and a true masterpiece.

What it still needs:

* Cloud saves, so we can get our characters onto other iOS devices we own
* Greater rewards for getting deeper into the infinite dungeons (story elements, cool rare equipment, greater XP and gold disbursement and numbers of chests, or simply leaderboards or a number showing the deepest you ever managed to get in each of the infinite dungeons)
* A few tiny bug and interface fixes (for example, crashes when leaving the levels with lots of Zombies -- especially the Zombie Lord level -- and there is one tile that when viewed through the magnifying glass has a description that is simply "piece" and nothing more!)

What the game does NOT need:

* mid dungeon saves - the dungeons are the perfect length as is
* any big changes
* any Game Center integration (spend that time on your next brilliant game, Jeff: this one is almost complete and perfect as is)


Again, easily one of the greatest games of all time on iOS, and I own thousands of games on the platform.

Last edited by Blue Steel; 02-06-2014 at 09:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 02-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Ben! Ben! is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 394
Default

I'd agree that it's one of the best games ever released on iOS. My only suggestion would be more content whether it be an expansion or a sequel. I'd pay basically any reasonable price for one/both of those.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 02-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Jorlen Jorlen is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben! View Post
I'd agree that it's one of the best games ever released on iOS. My only suggestion would be more content whether it be an expansion or a sequel. I'd pay basically any reasonable price for one/both of those.
Yeah, me too.

BTW I've gotten some pretty nice pieces of equipment whilst delving in the endless dungeons. I'd love to know just how many pieces of gear are available. I'm using a chest piece that returns energy to me when I get hit by melee, which is amazing as you can imagine.

I hope the dev plans to expand it because he's already got my money.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Mark DeNardo Mark DeNardo is offline
Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
Brilliant game. I explain it to friends as a "tactical rogue-like". I love the graphics, the puzzles, and the tactical battles where direction and surrounding all matters. One of my favorite games now, and a true masterpiece.

What it still needs:

* Cloud saves, so we can get our characters onto other iOS devices we own
* Greater rewards for getting deeper into the infinite dungeons (story elements, cool rare equipment, greater XP and gold disbursement and numbers of chests, or simply leaderboards or a number showing the deepest you ever managed to get in each of the infinite dungeons)
* A few tiny bug and interface fixes (for example, crashes when leaving the levels with lots of Zombies -- especially the Zombie Lord level -- and there is one tile that when viewed through the magnifying glass has a description that is simply "piece" and nothing more!)

What the game does NOT need:

* mid dungeon saves - the dungeons are the perfect length as is
* any big changes
* any Game Center integration (spend that time on your next brilliant game, Jeff: this one is almost complete and perfect as is)


Again, easily one of the greatest games of all time on iOS, and I own thousands of games on the platform.
iCloud saves would be brilliant.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 03-12-2014, 09:05 PM
TrencH TrencH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 117
Default

Nice to see mid level saves but let's see some new content please. I thirst for more of this game!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent