Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Update fixed the crash issue I had. I've now completed the game, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll definitely give any follow-ups a look.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Developer Here!

Hi all!

I'm the developer for Detective Grimoire. Looks like most of you are enjoying the game, which is great!

Some of you did come across the bugs in the game. These were almost all happening on the iPad versions we couldn't afford to buy before launch. It's just me programming the game and there's a limit to my budget! I thought that testing on iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Air and iPad Mini would have been enough, but apparently I was wrong.

In the days after launch, I was able to get my hands on an iPad 3 and after a 40 straight hour coding session, was able to track down, as far as I'm aware, all of the bugs and release an urgent update to the App Store!

Reports post-update have been good, 100% success rate so far! If you do find any more though, feel free to email me at tom [at) sfbgames dawt com.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the game!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:38 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Hey Tom,

The game really live up to my expectations, I've finished it and scored 100% (though I have to admit that the padlock on the tent was a trial/error achivement).

I really hope that You'll make enough money to continue the Detective Grimoire series and make more adventure games!

Also I hope touch arcade will get hold of the game and give it a review!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Wow, I am beyond shocked that this hasn't gotten a ton more attention. It's really too bad when games like this launch underneath the radar. This one is amazingly polished, the execution is wonderful. I haven't had a chance to finish the game, but every single stroke of this game reeks of refinement, I love it. Amazing work guys!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've just finished it and it was really, really good. The atmosphere is perfect, the gameplay is sound and the writing is spot on. I loved the fact that it was fully voiced and that it is actually a full game not just the first part of a larger adventure that you may never see completed.

A must buy for any point and click fan.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I just finished this one, on Android, and wow, what a fantastic point and click adventure game! The voice acting is top notch, and while the puzzles aren't too deep, the story is very engrossing and the quality of the voice acting had me deeply immersed from the start.

If you're a fan of Dave Gilbert's (Wadjet Eye Games) Blackwell series, then I highly recommend you check this one out! Grimoire uses a neat variation on Wadjet's word-clue-matchup device, that really works in this game.

Can't wait to see more from you guys! Kudos!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 PM

I just finished the game and I had no issues with crashing. Good story and the voice acting is very well done and i dont care that it is not fully optimized for retina display. It says to be continued so I am looking forward to the next installment.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:59 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Uuuugh yes Blackwell. I just finished playing that series. Amazing.

Anyway, looking forward to whatever happens next with Grimoire