Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 07-18-2014, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
It's neither lol. Just some long ago nickname I was given that lost its meaningfulness years ago.
I always automatically assumed it was an old Quakeworld clan, I knew of a S.I.D. Destiny so it was one of those automatic things, I didn't stop to think it might be a nick.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:27 AM

If anyone gets a spare EU Destiny key (I hear people are getting 3) I'd be grateful for a PM.

Edit: Got one, thank you

Last edited by september; 07-18-2014 at 04:05 AM..
Old 07-18-2014, 05:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
If anyone gets a spare EU Destiny key (I hear people are getting 3) I'd be grateful for a PM.

Edit: Got one, thank you
I was going to ask for one too but then I remembered I don't have PS+ so couldn't play it anyway
Old 07-19-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I wasn't impressed with Destiny, but I'm not a big FPS person. To me it was repetitive and not really any different than other FPSs. And the Borderlands aspect of it was terribly done. You have to quit and go to the Tower (loooong loading screen), turn whatever it was you collected into weapons, then back to the game (loooong loading screen). As opposed to, in Borderlands, find weapon, pick it up, use it right then. I didn't try the online, though. Actually I thought it was supposed to be a game where others just showed up, but I guess that's not really the case. It's possible I didn't play the fun part, but I sure hope they have big plans for improving the single player as it was pretty bad.
The Tower is a bit disjointing, as far as pace goes. It switches to Mass Effect mode for some reason and as you mentioned the load to get there is pretty long. Finding they reuse areas a bit too much too, and even though there's aspects of the past through the storyline the environment itself doesn't really have a story of its own to tell (although pretty). I liked the feel to gunplay but I didn't overly enjoy the enemies and outside they seem to respawn at Far Cry 2 rates which kills feeling of that immediate progression. Bike is cool but super vulnerable.

There is a lot of Warframe in here as well, the main missions feel more like side missions and everything's comes across like a compendium of things to do rather than anything overly engaging. For a beta it's pretty generous, there's some parts I enjoyed but soul and pacing are lacking.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:27 PM

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread.
I have a Destiny beta code for both PS4 and Xbox. Anybody interested? PM me!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:07 AM

Crucible and Strike missions are quite fun in Destiny, the only option for Crucible I've unlocked is 6v6 3 point Domination and is pretty stock standard but plays well nevertheless. Strike is a bit of a grind but opens the game up for that MMO type quest gameplay.

I'm teetering on whether or not to buy it, some aspects are nice and it's going to be one of those games you can keep revisiting, on the other hand I'm not sure how quickly it will get old.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 AM

Anyone preordered The Last of Us Remastered? 6 days and 23 hours to go.