Universal Bowmasters (by Playgendary)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 12, 2016.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    If they simply REALLY removed ALL the ads from the original version, nobody would be disappointed right now.

I'm sure that there was really NO need to create a FAKE ads-free version to make all their supporters disappointed.

Man, this really is the worst way to do things...

2. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I was so mad that i was asking apple for a refound, but the only thing that stopped me is that, just in case they'll remove the chest opening ads; well, in that case i would have spent only 1€ instead of 2€.

[​IMG]

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I actually decided to vote with my wallet and requested a refund. Devs need to know the difference between "free" and "premium".

4. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    I think I'll do the same.

Shame because it's a great game.

5. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    If only the devs would read all those comments and realize how they destroyed an otherwise very fun game.
    You guys should be able to get your money back, Ad-free is just false advertising and an outright lie.

I would happily pay if ALL ads were really gone and the game would not crash so much.

6. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    I really like this game. It's great that I can play it in both landscape and portrait mode. It is so much fun to play, especially when you get a signature fatality. But I believe the prize chest is unfair.

Out of the 12 times that I reinstalled the game and opened a prize chest, Ron Etienne is always the 1st and only unlockable player i ever win. After that it is just coins, after coins. I know that I can just buy all the extra players, but whats the fun in that, right?

I really like all the extra modes that are included. I think when you hit $10,000 all the modes get unlocked. But the prize chest is making not want to play as much right now. On a side note, looks like they have added "Finish Her". to the game.

Looking forward to playing Bowmasters once again, after the prize pay out is a bit more balanced.

7. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Well I guess I'm going to pass on this one but I'll keep an eye on how it goes in the future being a premium only gamer I would be really upset if I paid for an ad free version and was still bombarded with ads

8. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    This actually got worse.

Game offered me a free try of a character and had no option to refuse - just an accept button that then played another ad movie.

Just plain wrong and full of dirty tricks, this game.

Shameful.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    You're not bombarded with ads, they're opt-in only. Paying for the ad-free option removes the persistent banner ads at the bottom of the screen during play. I absolutely agree the language is not clear as to what "ad-free" means when you buy it, but jesus christ the way people in this thread are talking you'd think the developers murdered their entire family. A simple solution would be to allow gold to be used to open chests in addition to ads.

You refuse by hitting the "X" in the upper right corner of the pop-up.

[​IMG]

10. Meshugenah Games

Meshugenah Games Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    The controversy in this thread about the ads situation is legitimate, and hopefully the devs will address this.

I just would hate to see it overshadow the fact that the game itself is solid.
    I like figuring out the little adjustments to hit my opponent squarely.
    A future update could maybe factor in weather and wind.

11. HeinzKetup

HeinzKetup Well-Known Member

May 26, 2016
    I understand the anger over the fact that you still have to watch ads to get chests, despite the fact that you paid for the ad-free "experience," but I don't think that this issue is something to request refunds over. I don't think that the devs were trying to be shady when they said it was "ad-free;" it was just poor explaining on their part. Boardum said it best: nobody was bombarded with ads, as they're opt-in only. Again, I understand why people are angry, but the issue isn't nearly serious enough to warrant refunds.

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I tried reinstalling the normal version and restored purchases... SEEMS no more chest opening ads...

Let me know if it works also For you...

13. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Do you have to start again? Do you lose your progress?

14. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Interesting. For me, I purchased the 'Ad Free' version. So if purchasing no ads from the free edition actually works, PERHAPS the ads ARE a bug after all. I'll be the first to apologise to the devs if so.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I don't have a problem with opt in ads in a paid game if the rewards are good. However I can see the issue when right at the top it says ad free. So I can see where some people might get upset.

The thing is the cost of the game is only $2. We're not talking a lot of money here. And again the ads for those chests are opt in. You don't have to watch them.

The game is fun. It's gory. There's a lot of interesting characters with their own attacks. If there were forced ads in the game then I could understand all of the outrage or if you lost money maybe. There's none of that here. The dev is just trying to keep a continuous revenue stream going for those that WANT to do it.

Billy

16. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    As a game developer, I would feel pretty damn shady if I advertised the premium version of my game with big "ad-free" labels, and yet still had a shit ton of opt-in ads. The description is not wrong per se, it's just easy to be misled by it.

17. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    I'd just love to see the dev come on here and clear this up. Of course we should continue to be vocal about what appears to either be some nasty deception OR an unintentional, annoying bug. Keeping quiet about our dissatisfaction is just silly - just so long as the heat doesn't melt any precious little snowflakes, that is ;-)

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I found mention of the game on the front page of TA.. Downloaded the ftp version, played a few rounds, laughed and smiled a lot.. Bought the lil 2.00 starter pack that removes ads, gives gold, and a few characters.. Looking forward to playing some more!

It's a good thing that I didnt come to this tread first before deciding to do any of the above! Dang.. Toxic.

Fun little game!

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #59 ColeDaddy, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Cool game that needs a little fixin' . I downloaded the free version and gladly paid to remove the ads. The ads still show up when I open chests. Also, the game crashed on me after playing my first bird hunt with Kacey Twitch. I'm on the Air with 9.3.4 under the hood. Hopefully, the dev can fix these buggers soon, because this game is a blast.

Addendum: Just finished my second match after paying $1.99 and the game crashed when I clicked the treasure chest to claim my reward.

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Yeah, you lose progress. But is really worth a try. Let me know.

Try reinstall. It seems it worked For me.