Super Mario Jump

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MexicanJesus, Feb 6, 2010.

1. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    It basically looks like doodle jump with a Mario skin. I never got doodlejump, but the doodlejumpesque game in poker got I love. Anyone get this Mario version and know if it's good? I don't trust these iTunes reviews but TA rarely let's me down. I wouldpost a link but don't know how. It's been around over a week I think and not taken down.

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

it cant possibly be better than doodle jump. if you want any doodle jump like game, just get doodle jump.

3. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If I remember correctly the guy that made this game stole the code from another game called tweet jump or something and then slapped Paper Mario over the bird. It was a big outrage when the game first was released. I think a lot of people shunned this game just because of the fact that's it's a complete rip-off.

4. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Don't go for a doodle jump lookalike or substitute. Get doodle jump. Best buck u will spend

5. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Yup. The original game is called TweeJump, and it was just some "sample code" that another developer posted. This guy took the code and changed 1 picture to mario and submitted it as a whole new game. Some people will do anything to get money!

6. jbone1337

jbone1337 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    lol i love how people defend by saying, o that was a rip off of X game...

in reality most all games are rip-offs of something, somewhere....

i mean doodle jump(came out mar 16, 2009), came from papi jump(came out aug 27, 2008) and papi jump+ (in Sep 29, 2008), which probably came from some flash game which probably came from some nes japan only release game....

7. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yes the mario guy changed one picture.. thats it.. copy code, etc etc.. not talking about inspiration type games.. i agree papi should get more credit for being the one that started it on the appstore but since doodle jumo is selling so well they think it was first.

chris.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah that one actually was a rip off. Exactly the same game code, 99% same graphics.

I prefer Bird Strike to Doodle Jump anyway, even though it's not quite the same thing.

9. jbone1337

jbone1337 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    ah i see, but still even not in cases like this people claim to rip offs. Almost every mmorpg ive played i keep seeing people saying, "o that was in WoW, thats a copy of WoW" kind of like it was the first and only mmorpg in existence...

10. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Wow, did realize it was 100% plagueized. I mean, I knew the Mario images were stolen but the code too? I want it because it's Mario, but I wouldn't feel good supporting such a dirtbag "dev" even though I probably shouldn't honor him with such a title.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I believe that technically, the code was open source and free to use, so he was allowed to use as much of it as he liked... doesn't really change the fact he did no work at all though.