Long Eared Apocalypse confirmed for iPhone and iPad!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jetwilson, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Jetwilson

Jetwilson Well-Known Member

#1 Jetwilson, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    Long Eared Apocalypse is the code name for a new JetWilson game that is currently in the first stages of development.

LEA will be an apocalyptic 3D third person, action/adventure game staring a certain long eared hero and fluffy tailed enemies. But do not be deceived, the fluffy nature of these enemies is purely aesthetic. These enemies are beasts.

LEA will be running on a custom built 3D OpenGL and OpenAL game engine (so if you are using headphones or speakers you will get full 3D sound) as well as use a custom Physics engine.

A blog has been setup so that you can follow the development of this amazing game as it goes from idea to revolution. LEAtheGame.blogspot.com

More details about the game will be released and the final name for the game will be released further in the development process.

Currently concept art is being worked on. There are three concept scene paintings and two concepts pages of individual characters. Also shown below is a teaser video showing the Dirt Fur.

I would love to hear your comments and ideas for the game both here and on the LEA blog.

Burrows Boss Concept High Resolution Version
    [​IMG]

Your Deadly Apocalypse (Only Smaller) Concept High Resolution Version
    [​IMG]

Stand Against Concept High Resolution Version
    [​IMG]

RAGE Boss Character Concept High Resolution Version
    [​IMG]

LATEST: Dirt Fur 3D Character Concept High Resolution Version
    [​IMG]

Dirt Fur Character 3D Concept Teaser Video

2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thats an evil looking bunny with huge feet

3. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    oww...looooks sooo uncute. Lol. Looks like a good game. Are they just concept drawings?

4. Jetwilson

These are not concepts that will not go anywhere. These concepts are the beginning of the first stages of development and soon they will become a finished game.

5. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Rough timeline?

6. Jetwilson

I do not have an exact release data yet but I hope to have the first complete beta by Autumn 2011. I will be able to set a release date further into development.

7. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Saying "soon" when you are 9 months off from beta and even further is a huge exaggeration. The game sounds cool, but you shouldn't have made a thread yet, as most gamers want to see actual screens first thing, and can get pretty frustrated at games they have to wait a year for. But still excited about an apocalypse dominated by bunnies. :p

8. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    In an odd way I love the graphics! Are the graphics hand painted?

9. Jetwilson

Yes, the concepts are hand painted, the third is almost competed and will be ready for upload before Monday. Thank you for your comments about them!

While most would agree, it may well be too early to start letting gamers know about this game, I think this is a brilliant opportunity to see how gamers follow something from concept to product and how they can even help improve the game with comments and ideas.

10. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I think the meaning of the thread at the moment is to ask questions and get ideas for improvement rather then releasing.

11. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Im defiantly going to follow this game. It just looks sooo cooooooolll :)

12. Jetwilson

RAGE Boss Concept

The RAGE Boss concept has been added onto the first post in this thread. More concepts and 3D models coming soon.

I have been working on a story line for the game. Have you got any suggestions for either single levels or entire stories?

Epic suggestions may make it in :)