Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-21-2014, 04:03 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Some more impressions.

I'm actually really surprised...the game came out of nowhere...

I didn't know anything about the boardgame so I checked boardgeekgames and some youtube video.
Intrigued I downloaded the game and I am actually pretty impressed, both by the gameplay dynamics and the execution.
Game is really hard...I almost chocked when I saw you descend the dungeon WITH JUST THOSE WHO SURVIVED (LOL, epic).

The actual 'board' is really polished, loving the look, the sounds, the voices and the music.
Personally I'm not that fond of the menus (font and I hate the grey huge buttons) but it's very minor, most of the gameplay is really slick.

Anyone up for some multiplayer?
Old 06-21-2014, 05:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

For people with the multiplayer crash, do know that it affects only the random GC async game.
To solve this...just go into the Gamecenter app, select the Dungeon Heroes game from turns label and delete it.

Last edited by Pitta; 06-22-2014 at 03:47 PM..
Old 06-22-2014, 04:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I finally managed to play some multiplayer games, some with the dev no less...and let me tell you it's damn awesome.
It's VERY DIFFERENT from the single player...which is fun but seems a bit unbalanced and harsh, and luck dependent (I find it fun nonetheless).

The multiplayer is really balanced whichever side you are playing (who initiates the game has the heroes)...games are fast and ultra tense.
The party and their single abilities make much more sense and you actually have chances to survive even after some members died if you play well.

Great game overall, I can see this being added in my daily async routine.

Some (minor) improvements I would like to be added, if the dev is reading:

1) a custom sound for turn notification.
2) a more fancy title screen and UI...it's functional, nice during the gameplay but it's not Lost Cities or Ascension level of polish. (It's good tough, and works very well)....little details like seeing the opponent GC avatar, knowing when it's online, etc...
3) sometimes (maybe network related) you enter in the previous turn screen where you left the game and it does not load the new turn (going to menu and re-entering solves this)
4) I can't help to dislike, expecially on iPad, those giant gray buttons
5) being able to choose the master side even if I initiate the game

Anyway, besides these (very minor indeed) things, I'm really loving the mp game...great mechanics.
Highly recommended.

Last edited by Pitta; 06-22-2014 at 04:23 PM..
Old 06-23-2014, 02:38 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Really enjoying everything offered in this little package. I'm even picking up the physical version of the game now. Really enjoying the single player arcade. Can we get a high scores list or leader boards? And maybe an option to make it so you get all heroes at the start if each successful level? Love the brutal difficulty but I don't see how clearing 3+ levels is possible. Great job on the port!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:52 PM

Can you upload some new pics from the update?