Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. suiting

suiting New Member

Feb 2, 2011
    agree!
    19~22 is the most difficult.
    After passing that, it's like routine.
    (i mean office at easy level, haha)

2. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Been playing during lunchbreak and all last night.

Round 141 on easy so far. Not dead yet.

I'll update you when I die.

EDIT: Btw, new device, brand new install, so I don't even HAVE the other turrets yet. I had to literally earn the upgrades as I played. Very first game with this device.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I seem to have more trouble with the scorpions than anything else.

4. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Yeah I hate it when these buggers ambush you when you're strolling around. That's why when scorpions spawn I just find myself a corner and keep shooting at them with Ant. Mini gun + Lucky shot does the trick, and entrench if they're getting too close.

5. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    thanks!

6. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    Concerning the difficulty of the game, the game gets really tough between rounds 18 to 22 or so, but after that it becomes dramatically easier. This doesn't change on Hard. So why is it that it gets "easier" from that point onward? I'm not sure what exactly changes, but I think I was no longer swarmed by all kinds of bugs at the same time (I remember wondering why the map felt so empty). So perhaps merely changing the variety of bugs would be sufficient to maintain the difficulty levels in later rounds, like having to deal with grub launchers + centipedes and other deadly combinations.

7. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    The bugs you should worry about are not scorps.

Top priority bugs, in order:

Grub Launcher (if one spawns, you MUST search for it. Hit main spawn spots and use and teleport to scan and see if it spawned at the low ledge on the other side of the table. If not, you have time - it's rolling up through the hallway inside the wall crack.

Queen Ant (again, if one spawns, you MUST search it out and eliminate it).

Slugs (after about round 40 they start appearing in massive groups. They are myriad, heavily armored/hp'ed, and litter the battlefield with poison that will wreak havoc on your health/food juggling. Again, if they spawn, you MUST seek them out and kill them.

All other bugs can be ignored until they come to you. ALL other bugs.
    Butterflies can be easily taken care of by placing mines at that corner of the base they usually attack from (at the ledge). Any stunning move, including ant teleport, can also be used when they are close to the ledge to knock them off.

I'll have a more comprehensive guide once I die.

8. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    thanks! what's the best method for taking out the queen ant ?

9. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    My personal favorite is using the Beetles earthquake jump, then running up and attacking with the spider and possibly using Beetles squash-em or spiders assassin bomb if I need it dead fast.

10. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    That's not always the case. Their range is not infinite, so it's possible to let the base defenses take them out by luring them there (by hiding behind objects, or standing in the corner near the base), though that might be difficult to do when MGs' range is nerfed.

Assassin Bomb. Use Superior Assassin (And possibly other abilities like Earthquake Jump and Warrior Gauntlet if necessary) and search for her quickly and bomb her.

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

:D

Well, after round 20 it randomly selects 4 waves of enemies from a huge list. There are grub launcher waves, centipede waves, etc, but its random... so some of the really powerful combinations might not hit until later... theoretically you could even get lucky and fight a whole bunch of fleas and thats it (but theres a very slim chance of that). But also at that level individual bugs become increasingly more powerful compared to <20... imo it keeps it a little more strategic in how to use your abilities rather then just getting to a point where there are so many enemies the game locks up and its impossible to even fight them off :p

That being said, I still need to do some serious play testing, but I'm hoping the new food setup for the late game will make things a bit more interesting instead of just waiting for your base to kill everything and then waiting for some food drops from enemies to replenish.

P.S. since this next update is taking a bit longer then we expected, i THINK we might be able to squeeze a new level in as well ;)

12. dizzyjw

dizzyjw Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I think if your using auto-aim it should turn off when using entrench. I was shocked when I tried auto aim only to find out when I activated entrench I was shooting at a dang baby spider instead of a scorpion and I couldn't move it. Just a small concern I thought I would bring to light. Still having a blast with the game too. Can't wait for the universal update... I play it on the iPad anyways but still, with the upgraded graphics and dedicated hero button it's getting me really excited to play.

13. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Can't wait for the attic! Or snow level. We know it's going to be one of those two:p

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#1014 Foursaken_Media, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    In all fairness, this is the trade-off you have with auto-aim... also it only takes one shot to kill a baby spider :p And yeah, we're really excited to get this freaking update out... its SO much more enjoyable to play now on iPad... we would've already had this sucker submitted but theres been a really deep crash thats come up from nowhere (its relatively minor, but very tough to find) that we're working on fixing... but like I said in the meantime we'll be getting together a level to fit into the update, which we weren't intending to do yet... so thats the good part of having to wait ;)

Not quite ;) We have around 5 adventure levels in the works right now (likely more to come) -- some will be bundled with heroes once the IAP shows up, and a bunch more will be part of the free content updates. New enemies with the new levels too ;) And there will also be a new coliseum level thrown in somewhere.

15. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I happen to come across that darn bug again where your screen goes all grey.

I was playing Yard level on easy mode, Round 10 and a Queen ant spawned so I ran near the corner area and pulled out beetle, did a stomp and switched to spider, ran to the queen who had 2 of those armored ants next to her and started to kill the queen, well the stomp ran out and I got trapped and hit by both armored ants and screen went grey. Exited app , closed app through multi-task bar went back in and my character was stuck inside the base. Could not find a way out, got swarmed and eventually died.

Keep in mind that I was at the bottom corner of the map trying to kill the queen , and when I re-entered the game I somehow teleported inside the base.

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks, we're still trying to find out the cause of it. According to the code this is basically impossible, and we have yet to be able to reproduce it... we're looking though. What device are you using?

17. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Will some heros be part of the free content updates?

18. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I'm using an Iphone 4 IOS 4.2.1 non jailbroken

19. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    Are vampire bugs real?

20. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009