Universal Plax - New Endless 'Score Attack' Game by 3Arts Studio - Available May 1st

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Raph3Arts, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

#1 Raph3Arts, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Hi folks!

Game will be released on May 1st!

Raphael here from 3Arts Studio, Canada, to talk to you about our next game we've been developed for some times now, called PLAX.

Basically, PLAX is a game of survival. In this game, you control two plaxes at a time, rotating around a Blob, and you must eat as many plaxies as possible while surviving the horde of obstacles that the Blob is throwing at you!

But what is a Plax, you may ask? It's a Super-Evolved Cell which needs to eat plaxies to live, but the Blob also needs those plaxies! Survive as long as you can to become the Master plax of the universe! Well not really… but seriously, be the best!

The game will feature :
    - Many obstacles and powerups (85% done)
    - Over 20 stats (75% done)
    - Leaderboards and Achievements (35% done)
    - iCloud Support (DONE)
    - Universal game (DONE)
    - No iAPs, nor Ads

In-Game Footage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a nice evening! :D

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Sounds cool. Could you post a video? I'm envisioning something like Pivvot mixed with Duet

3. Raph3Arts

Yeah, absolutely! We are currently recording one right now, so it should be ready anytime this week! However, please do understand that it will be a beta gameplay video and that what you will see in it won't be 100% accurate to the final result! :)

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #4 JCho133, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    This looks great, I love BACON!

*Ahem* I mean, I loved Bacon the Game

Btw, my PM isn't working. Hasn't been for a few days :/

5. Raph3Arts

Thanks, JCho133! :) If you want to register for the beta, you can also send me your form by email at : [email protected] or via Facebook!

And don't worry, we're still working on Bacon - The Game. I know the new levels were supposed to be released in February, but Level Design is really harder than you might think! :p

Stay tuned, as I will probably post the first gameplay video tomorrow or Thursday morning! :)

6. Raph3Arts

It was fast, but it's awesome!

Here comes the beta gameplay video I told you I'd launch today! Enjoy! :)

Beta Gameplay Trailer :

Also, let me explain a little more what the gameplay looks like! As you may already know, in this game, you are controlling two plaxes at the same time, which are both rotating around a central point, called the Blob. In order to control the plaxes, you have two options :

1- Drag one finger up and down on one side of the screen to control both plaxes at the same time
    2- Drag two fingers to control one plax at a time.

Also, the plaxes don't follow your finger, instead they are moving accordingly to the movement of your finger. So let's say you tap the top of the screen and then the bottom, your plax won't move until you move your finger! However, it's possible that in a future update we add the option for the plax to always face your finger, but we'll test it first to check if it doesn't break the gameplay!

That's all for now, I hope you'll like our game as much as we do! :D

Have a nice day, and I'm open to any suggestion/comment/questions! :)

Raphael

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Looks great, sent PM

8. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Tried to send a pm but i dont think it worked..

9. Raph3Arts

Nope, I received nothing.. :/ You can also send us your form at [email protected] or via Facebook!

10. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Sent a email :)

11. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
  12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Beta footage looks great!

13. Raph3Arts

Thanks, we got it! :) Your registration is in!

Thank you! :) I hope you will also like playing it!

14. Rescribe

Rescribe New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Emailed!

Just sent the email! Hope to be a beta tester ! Looks very interesting sorta looking like Duet! ~Dylan

15. Raph3Arts

#15 Raph3Arts, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Got it, thanks! :) It's awesome that you just created an account today, welcome aboard!

16. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

We're still in need of people who own a device with an iOS version lower than 7.0 or people with a non-retina device for our beta test! If you know someone who'd be interested in helping us, please contact us!

Also, I forgot to mention that people who will participate to the beta test will receive a free copy of the game. The only condition is that you send us at least one feedback about the game, either here or by email! :)

We're currently working on the tutorial for our beta testers and fixing some bugs, stay tuned :)

17. Raph3Arts

#17 Raph3Arts, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    Hi guys, it's me again!

Just passing by to announce you a sensational news : Olivier Bibeau, the musician who made the beautiful soundtrack of our previous game, Bacon, is now back with us to make the soundtrack for Plax, and right now it's pure awesomeness! Hint-hint : Dubstep! ;)

I'm also there to drop some more informations about the game. Today's menu, Vitamins (Powerups)! Currently, we have 5 vitamins to help you in your quest, here they are :

[​IMG]Spikes : This powerup gives spikes to your pPlax and can destroy absolutely anything, except laser!
    [​IMG]SlowMo : Allows you to slow down time for 5 seconds, thus granting you enough time to avoid the deadliest Traxes!
    [​IMG]Protectors : Spawn 3 protectors at your service, rotating around the Blob to defend you against Plaxes and Traxes.
    [​IMG]Life Up : Gives you one extra life, simple!
    [​IMG]Frenzy : Double-up Plaxies spawn rate and stop enemies from spawning for around 7.5 seconds.

We are planning on adding several more in next versions of the game, so stay tuned! :)

18. spaxie

spaxie New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    nice beta!

This game looks awesome. PM sent!

19. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    what are the controls, i am finding it hard to imagine how to control it.

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    How the hell have I missed this thread? I can beta test if you still need people I have a non. Retina mini, an iPhone 3GS or an iPad 2, take your pick lol.