Unusual request

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by J.R. Jalapeno, Nov 24, 2011.

1. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Hi Devs, my girlfriend and I are avid IOS game players and she is addicted to puzzle games on her iPod touch 4g. I'm getting ready to ask her to marry me soon and I was hoping to maybe pay a developer to add something to one of their games so when she finishes a certain level or reaches a certain score, a message would pop up asking her to marry me. I thought it would be incredibly cool and unique and I would compensate the dev for doing it. Someone could I guess give me an sdk of the game or something. Is this something anyone could help me with? Thanks in advance for any help! Joe.

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
  3. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
  4. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    haha I thought of this recently.. would possibly be a good way to get some media attention too.

Of course if she is horrible at the game and never gets to the "will you marry me?" level than I don't know what to tell ya :p

5. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
  6. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Lol. No worries there. She's awesome at puzzle games.

7. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
  8. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

Hi J.R. Jalapeno, our upcoming Tetroms (www.tetroms.com) game might be ideal for this! Are you still looking for someone to help? I would enjoy this as a one-off.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
  10. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Absolutely!! That would be awesome. Thank you so much. I couldn't think of a better way to propose to her. The game looks like something she would love.

11. blitter

Awesome, I'll PM you later- just finished my weekend shift! Hey checkout the video/screenshots...I was just watching the vid and had an idea for your request here! I'm seeing a floating engagement ring (the lens flair...)

Good Luck with your proposal :)

12. Hey J.R. Jalapeno, we'd be happy to do something for ya in our game Quadra. Take a look at it on our webstie and PM me if your interested. Sounds like a fun one-of

http://www.cageofmonkeys.com/

13. blitter

J.R.J. Did you find a suitable game for your request?

14. Claymore Alan

Claymore Alan Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Graphic artist
    Hi

Hey Joe,

This sounds like a good laugh and a great idea. I'd like to throw our game into the pot if that's ok.

For your consideration, PLUM CRAZY :)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1871102&posted=1#post1871102

Happy to do a special version for you with your proposal to appear at any point you wished.

SAY IT WITH PLUMS!!!!

Cheers
    Al

PS. If you do select us we take absolutely no responsibilty for the outcome of the proposal....unless of course it's a resounding YES, then we'll happily take full responsibility :)

15. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Hi!! I want to thank everyone for your amazing support. Sorry I havent been available lately but I've been swamped at work, traveling all over the country teaching classes. It's been fun but I'm glad I'm home!! I just bought the ring yesterday, geeze I could have bought a car with that kind of cash!!! Lol
    I'm actually leaning towards an indie developer who has a really cute game I know she'll love and he's not charging but wants to use it as a promo for his game. If something happens and the deal falls through I'll let everyone know. Thanks again for everyone's willingness to help. It really means a lot. The people who are a part of Touch Arcade are simply the best there is. It feels like family:)

16. jhspaybar

jhspaybar Active Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Congratulations Joe! I'm very excited that Foozle could be a part of your proposal plans, and I'm glad it all worked out. I'll get some video up of the gameplay footage, and thanks to Joe, maybe even some proposal footage as well. Again, thanks to Joe for letting me help.

17. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
  18. RJ1

RJ1 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Good idea! Very unique. Let usknow how it goes!

19. jhspaybar

jhspaybar Active Member

Sep 29, 2011
  20. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    That's pretty darn cute! Congrats to the happy couple!