Not a game: Brilliant synthesizer 'Animoog for iPhone' $5.99 -> $2.99 (+ IAPs free!)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Habakuk, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

There was an update of the app some hours ago. All the fans are waiting for that update since years! Official announcement:

But obviously something went wrong. There are only nine keys (instead of ten before) although there is more real estate (16:9). Audiobus implementation is not working correctly.

AND—most important! There are IAPs (worth $40+; sounds, timbres, presets) which you can get for FREE (at least the sounds) when you hit "Restore Purchases" in the Animoog Store. I've tried that (on iPhone 5 and iPad Air) and it works! You can find the Animoog Store in "Page > Setup". I already had the app before (w/o IAPs)—but that doesn't matter. You need the updated app.

More details on that "error" (or marketing gag?) you can find in the Audiobus forum (plus informations on how to save/transfer those sounds to the iPad version which is not on sale and where that "Restore" trick doesn't work):

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/5584/animoog-for-iphone-on-the-bus-and-iaa

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    A classic, though the ipad version is infinitely more useable.

Also, Cubasis is on sale for 33.99 (I know-strange pricepoint)

3. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#3 Habakuk, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    The iPad is altogether more useable (except for phone, text calls, photography and some minor other things).

It's 29.99 what sounds much better! (Steinberg is located in Germany/Hamburg.) But thanks for the notice—I have it already (since 1990 or so).

Forgot to mention: SoundGrid (oldie but goldie as well) is temporarily free
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/soundgrid/id316521221?mt=8

as well as SoundGrid Live (both Universal apps):
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/soundgrid-live!/id442162585?mt=8

aaand Rockmate (iPad):
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/rockmate/id417415477?mt=8

4. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    FYI, after you've done a "Restore Purchases" on the iPhone version and gotten all the nice "free" IAP packs, you can just use iFunbox to transfer the preset files and the belonging timbres (samples) to the iPad version. Thanks Moog! :)

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm just getting a lot of "Downloading Purchases Failed" :(

6. g0omba

g0omba Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Will the IAP's say "purchased"? I tried to restore purchases and nothing changes. I think that may have been an glitch they corrected already...

7. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    The IAPs won't say purchased. But you'll have the presets and samples/timbres when in its done downloading (don't press cancel).

@drelbs Perhaps Moog are trying to figure out what's going on. I noticed today that it took quite a while for the iPad version to load the IAP store. I dunno...make sure it's the iPhone version, updated to the latest version, also make sure you're logged in with the iTunes account you originally purchased Animoog for iPhone with (if you have multiple accounts). Perhaps their servers are just getting swarmed :)

8. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    i wonder if the next update will strip away our iaps...

9. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I did a back up with all the IAP stuff to my PC with iFunbox :)

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I can't. I can't even turn ON my PC; the updates will overtake my free space.

God forbid I launch iTunes; about a terrabyte will probably start auto downloading.