★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Really polished game with excellent touch controls. Very fun.
08-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Just a quick info:

We submited a Venice Mystery FREE LITE Version to the AppStore. Status is Waiting for Review. Will keep you updated. Stay tuned.

The Lite version has 4 normal levels, 1 secret passage, one painting to solve and one clock puzzle to solve to unlock the secret passage.

We think its a good way to check out the game.

08-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamgo View Post
Just a quick info:

We submited a Venice Mystery FREE LITE Version to the AppStore. Status is Waiting for Review. Will keep you updated. Stay tuned.

The Lite version has 4 normal levels, 1 secret passage, one painting to solve and one clock puzzle to solve to unlock the secret passage.

We think its a good way to check out the game.
Good news as I've been tempted to buy the game but couldn't be sure I'd like it in the long run. ^^

I ♥: Aqua Globs, Compression, Silent Swords, Bumpy Road, Rhythm Spirit, ZombieSmash, Ynth, DizzyPad, Tap Tap Radiation.
Connect: LiveTouch.fr // @LG_silentgenius // Game Center : silent genius
 iPhone 3G  iPad WiFi 32Go  black iPad 2 WiFi 32Go
08-29-2010, 10:50 AM
For anyone that has been playing this - I have a question.

The combo system - how does it work? Is from rapid matching? THe help screen seems to indicate either rapid tapping of tiles within your pick pile, or perhaps rapid tapping of the same tile design within your pick pile.

I have tried all ways of getting combos- maybe I am just being slow, it is certainly possible, but I can't figure out what I need to do, or am doing wrong.

Lastly - what is the "Lion Combo" that is on the scoring screen? I always have a 0 in that column, and I can't find any reference to it.

Thanks.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post

The combo system - how does it work? Is from rapid matching? THe help screen seems to indicate either rapid tapping of tiles within your pick pile, or perhaps rapid tapping of the same tile design within your pick pile.

I have tried all ways of getting combos- maybe I am just being slow, it is certainly possible, but I can't figure out what I need to do, or am doing wrong.

Lastly - what is the "Lion Combo" that is on the scoring screen? I always have a 0 in that column, and I can't find any reference to it.

Thanks.
Took me some time to work this one out as the instructions are not so clear. Choose a tile from your row at the bottom, and then quickly tap all the matching tiles in the game area. Let me know if this works out.

As for the Lion combo, well, I think it comes from matching a large number of tiles but I've not really had the time I want with this game. Damn shame because it plays wonderfully and hands down beats anything that could have come from Dan Brown's imagination
08-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks @ataloss for explaining - here are more details on the combo lions:

You habe to tab on the same tile that you picked from your dock. So when you picked a red tile with a green pattern. You have to tap on all of those tiles on your playfield fast to get a combo.

The Lion Combo number is the number of combo lions you collected. Each combo has a different number of combo lions.

Here is a list of possible Combos:
4 Tiles taped = 1 Combo Lion collected
5 Tiles taped = 2 Combo Lions collected
6 Tiles taped = 3 Combo Lions collected
7 Tiles taped = 4 Combo Lions collected
8 Tiles taped = 5 Combo Lions collected
9 Tiles taped = 6 Combo Lions collected
10 Tiles taped = 7 Combo Lions collected

Each Lion gives you 50 points extra.

Hope this helps
08-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Btw. we would be really happy if you can write a short review and rate the game on the AppStore!

If there is anyone outside and want to review the game on their website/blog - please let me know and I can send a promo code for the US-AppStore.

Thanks for your support!
08-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post

Thanks.
Oh, I know these!

Combos are hitting several of the same patterned tile out in the field. Counter to intuition, once you've chosen a tile in your hand, you can match several same patterned tiles if done quickly (like tapping on the next match before the currently matched tile has flown back to the rack). So, ideally, try to setup a situation where SEVERAL of the same patterned tiles are free and once that tile comes up in your hand, select that tile in your hand and now as quickly as possible tap all of the matching free tiles of that pattern on the layout. I've had many a run cut short by unknown means (not calling it a bug since I really am not entirely sure how it should work) but most of the time, if I hit them quickly and don't mis tap, I'm all good.

Those Lion Coins are just another way to reward you for big combos! Basically every step of your combo chain beyond the first three (I think it starts there) earns you an end of level bonus coin. This is in addition to the huge points made by combos to begin with (matching a tile is worth 25, but each successive tile hit in that same match then becomes 50, 75, 100, etc.).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamgo View Post
Btw. we would be really happy if you can write a short review and rate the game on the AppStore!

If there is anyone outside and want to review the game on their website/blog - please let me know and I can send a promo code for the US-AppStore.

Thanks for your support!
A review is coming, along with a few others... soon, promise! Oh, and just managed to get 7 Combo lions... those jokers are very useful...

A quick thought, will this game get any form of endless mode, or global scoring system? I'm just worried that this beautiful game will end one day...
08-29-2010, 12:31 PM
@atalos: Thanks
We are planning a puzzle only mode. So you can bypass the storymode and play all puzzles in one rush. Also an idea -> Maybe with new level sets via InApp Purchase. And Apple Game Center / Facebook Connect integration.