Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-01-2012, 03:42 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil2 View Post
Are there any data lost issues with the new update?
I always ask this question when my iOS games have updates.
My save data is still there.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm a little late jumping on the SuperCrossfire/RadianGames super train, but better late than never could never be more true. This game is absolutely fantastic. It's a 5 star gem all the way and is one of the few shooters that has the overall quality and polish to compete with the greatest iOS shooter, Phoenix HD. I could remark on the perfect graphics and gameplay, but what really makes this game sharp is the mood. The story that is gently sprinkled in between each chapter provides a backdrop that makes the player feel that there is a plight that goes beyond just shooting blocks. The music only adds to the story and vice-versa. Techno can be obtrusive and an annoyance in games if it isn't done right, but here it is perfect. This is the type of techno that has a feel, in the same vein as the machine music that made Terminator 1 such a great flick. This title will be sitting on my iPhone permanently.

The ONLY issues I can find are listed below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiangames View Post
Both versions support Retina display. The HD version is Universal.
This is an issue I was commenting on in the Ballistic thread. I am imploring developers to start being more detailed with their game descriptions. With many newer iOS gamers like myself out there, the whole Retina/HD concepts can be confusing, and this isn't helped when the specs aren't listed in the game description. For example, I bought the HD version of this (even though I don't have an iPad) simply because I wasn't sure if the iPhone version had Retina. Of course I assumed it did using deductive reasoning (and the fact it looked amazing) but there are many titles where I assume Retina is used and it is not, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Right now, I can only think of one complaint/suggestion: I've got the HD version and absolutely love it, but seeing SprCrossfireHD under the game's icon on my iPhone just makes me cringe. There's no need to have "HD" in there since the icon takes care of that...how can I convince you to just have "S. Crossfire"? *puppy dog eyes*
I'm sensitive to how the games are titled on the screen too. Mine does say S. Crossfire, but it still has the HD at the end. I think this is a redundancy when it is already listed in the icon itself. The 'HD' is simply a quality of the game and has no purpose being listed with the title, especially when it's already a part of the icon.

The last observation is, at least from what I can tell, there is no way to reset your game, or to select a different profile. I wanted to start a different game and I had to delete the app and then re-download it. This is pretty excessive for just wanting to start over. Maybe I am missing something here...

Keep up the good work Luke! Your games kick ass.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:21 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just a quick update:

Super Crossfighter is the new version of Super Crossfire. It is now developer-published (huge thanks to Chillingo for letting me have the rights back early), but it is also incompatible with the previous version. It's free until tomorrow night (will normally be $1.99):

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-crossfighter/id901419372?ls=1&mt=8

Trailer is here.

Updates to this version:
* Rebalanced victory points to be more generous.
* Reduced VP cost of Survival unlocks significantly (as well as a few other minor unlocks).
* Reduced the max temporary upgrade points you can buy in the upgrade menu.
* Added PC-style Background UI with score/waves/etc (adds some nice depth to the visuals).
* Improved enemy shot visibility.
* Native Game Center support for achievements/leaderboards.
* Controller support for iOS7 MFi controllers (gameplay only).
* Improved iCade support.
* Various other fixes (including a name change).

I also just realized tilt controls are busted in this version. Will fix that in the first update. Let me know if you find anything else you'd like to see fixed/improved.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Music link is not working too. In the start page.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:24 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

But man keep the good work. This game is genius.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:15 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedPhantom View Post
Music link is not working too. In the start page.
You have to unlock it (it's 250 VP on the Unlocks page). Sorry that's not clear, or even necessary, but it was easier to keep the unlock (and reduce the price) than remove it.