Universal Super Stickman Golf 2 - (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
  2. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    This game is soooo much freaking fun! I can't out it down, and Online Race Mode is amazing. Great game guys I can't believe I didn't buy it ;-;

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Maybe I've missed it, but were the Super Meat Boy levels added already? I didn't know of they were being added at the same time the game went free.

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Yes, they just came out when the game went free.

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    From what I read on the sale thread, they didn't go free... they went freemium. If you bought this before, Don't lose your save or it seems you get ads and ransomware to remove the ads with an IAP.

So, yeah, as much as I love Noodlecake this is not acceptable business practices and I won't be buying any future games from them or downloading any freemium games they offer. Too bad. They were one of my favorite companies.

6. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    This is a free sale, and the ads are only shown to help us monetize off our free sales. (We make a small amount of revenue off the ads, and the ads are capped at 1 per 2 hours, which we think is fair. This is much more aggressive in other games).

We have technology in-place to make sure people who paid up-right for the game never see ads. (regardless of uninstalls and re-installs) via iCloud, etc. We error on the side of caution when it comes to things like this... And when the game goes back to paid, paid users after sales never see ads as well.

Our games are typically not in the top grossing lists on iTunes, so this helps us make a little money when we do a free promotion for our games.

So in overview, this a way to help us monetize a little better when we do free promotions... We think it's a good compromise. We've done free promotions in the past, and it's greatly helped us with paid sales in the future. Unfortunately for us, this is the market we compete in, and these types of things help us stay competitive.

However, nothing about this should ever impact a paid premium user. We do try hard not to disrupt that experience at all, and if your experience is disrupted just shoot us an email and we can do something about it!

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I have not updated yet, but in my opinion, NoodleCake has earned my trust and I'll take your word for it. I'll check back once I've updated. Thanks for a great game and I really do hope that the promotion leads to increased revenue for you.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm still confused if this is a temporary "sale" or if it is going completely freemium.

9. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    It appears to be temporary. There is another thread on the subject in the Price Drops Forum.

10. schoolhouse spirits

schoolhouse spirits Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    #530 schoolhouse spirits, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    I purchased the red ribbon ball, and the trail is Green!? Kind of disappointed... Did anyone else notice this?

To the devs, this is a wonderful game. Been having a blast playing with family and friends!

11. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Yeah I noticed also and it got me scratching my head. I've got replays of all of the Ball Trails on my YouTube channel if you want to check them out before you make your next purchase.

12. bayou

bayou Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    #532 bayou, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    I am not sure if this is a bug (definitely a major problem for me) but I can't create any new turn-based games any more. When I try, it says I'm already playing 5 allowed games, even though I only have 2 active games! It would be great if anyone could offer some insight because it's a great game!

13. bayou

bayou Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Anyone else running into this problem?

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Bayou: maybe you need to delete completed games? I didn't experience any problem.

I've unlocked most hats except for the final 3 rare hat (blue wizard, pope, golden crown) and the price is now ridiculously high - I have 26 bux and my chance to get a new hat are 2.6%, so I guess I'll need another 900 more bux to get close! Ha! But seriously, this should be made a bit more reasonable.

15. bayou

bayou Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    #535 bayou, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried deleting completed games and it had no effect. It still thinks I have 5 actives games. I think there may be some "hidden" active games in my log. Can the devs comment on this? Maybe there is a way to reset the turn based games.

EDIT: Very strange, I can create up to two active games. After that I can't create but I can accept games from other players!

16. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    SSG2 going FREE again tomorrow!

Just a heads up to anyone who you might not have been able to convince to get SSG2 before when it was paid, it will be free again tomorrow for a limited time!

Spread the word!

17. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    When are the SSG1 courses coming? I'm really looking forward to it!

18. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Yeah me too!
    Everyplay is about to get another pounding :)

19. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Has anyone played Super Stickman Golf 2 on the iPad 2 with iOS 8 ?

Any issues?

20. Rainabooy

Rainabooy New Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Progress help

I didn't know where to post this but: I was having trouble joining games with my friends in race mode, so I decided to delete the app on my phone which had very little progress done to it. I redownloaded the app and for some reason it kept my progress. With this information I deleted the app on my iPad that had A LOT of progress, all the balls, $10 worth of bux, all but one hat, and the rainbow trail. When I downloaded it on my iPad again, it made me lose all my progress. I am furious and would really love my progress back. I do not want to waste $10. If someone could help; I don't know what to do.