App description: Abducted is a new episodic adventure game from Sunside Inc. for the iPhone and iPad. Abducted by aliens and taken thousands of light years from home, you have one ultimate goal: Escape. But you have so many unanswered questions How did you get here? What is this place? Who took you and why?

Uncover the deep and complex mystery surrounding your origin as you explore breathtaking alien environments rendered with dynamic lighting, shadows, and volumetric fog with the next generation of Sunsides in-house game platform Radiance.

Abducted features an immersive all original musical score produced by the award winning composers at Voodoo Highway Music & Post Inc.

Watch the official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFmBKDRmslo

Recommended Devices:
iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c

Supported Devices:
iPad Air, iPad mini (all versions), iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5
Universal Application
Requires: iOS 6.1

Unsupported Devices:
Phone 3Gs
iPod touch 4 and older

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 349 MB.

Price in NZ is $4.19 which should translate to USD $2.99

Requirements :

Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Episode One Available Now!

Abducted is a new episodic adventure horror game from Sunside Inc. for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Abducted by aliens and taken thousands of light years from home, you have one ultimate goal: Escape. But you have so many unanswered questions How did you get here? What is this place? Who took you and why?

Uncover the deep and complex mystery surrounding your origin as you explore breathtaking alien environments rendered with dynamic lighting, shadows, and volumetric fog with the next generation of Sunsides in-house game platform Radiance.

Abducted features an immersive all original musical score produced by the award winning composers at Voodoo Highway Music & Post Inc.

Watch the official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--rF2BSwO5k

Recommended Devices:
● iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display
● iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5

Supported Devices:
● iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad 4, iPad 3
● iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
● Universal Application
● Requires: iOS 6.1

Unsupported Devices:
● iPad 2, iPad mini (without Retina display), iPad 1
● iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs
● iPod Touch (all versions)
iPhone Screenshots

04-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Oh....well nvm then. Sorry.
04-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Yeh! Very nice but wens the second episode coming out? I've a dozen games 1st chapters and nothing since! Come on we want more especially you Republique !

04-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjack66 View Post
Yeh! Very nice but wens the second episode coming out? I've a dozen games 1st chapters and nothing since! Come on we want more especially you Republique !
You aren't kidding. I have so many episode 1 games that I'm waiting for part 2 with that my iPad is going to fill up based on those alone it sometimes feels like. I really enjoyed episode 1 of Abducted (reminded me of Resident Evil: Nemesis for some reason, which is a good thing to me).
04-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
You aren't kidding. I have so many episode 1 games that I'm waiting for part 2 with that my iPad is going to fill up based on those alone it sometimes feels like. I really enjoyed episode 1 of Abducted (reminded me of Resident Evil: Nemesis for some reason, which is a good thing to me).
Do you not think that if you removed the interaction with your computer, the game would be about 20mins long?
04-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah, it would be quite short. Then again, it was free so I can't complain too much. A Darker Shade of Red was also short and free but also brilliant so I eagerly anticipate part 2 of that as well.
04-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I did not enjoy this game. It never really got interesting. It was just mindlessly wander around alien terrain, reading A LOT of boring dialogue and occasionally running from aliens. Looked really promising but really wasn't engaging. I really wanted to like it though. Maybe I'll give it another shot down the road when my backlog isn't 10x the size of God.
07-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Any news on this or is it abandonware?
09-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
5 minutes further in, and I am thoroughly disappointed. Would it have been so hard to
a) save progress everytime you make a discovery?
b) put a checkpoint right before the first alien?
c) Make the controls and sudden camera-angle switching better?

I died 4 times now at the first encounter. First one, no big deal, had no idea what I was supposed to do. Thinking of it a bit more, it is bad design. Throw a player into a situation without any hints, where the wrong decision under pressure ends the game.
Made some progress with running away, only to die do the tentacles when the screen suddenly switched and the camera angle with it. I was tapping to move at that moment and ran straight into a tentacle, thank you.

The above wouldn't be too bad if there were a proper checkpoint right before that encounter.
But no, I have to redo like 5 minutes of discoveries every time.
To top it off, the redoing would be faster if you could actually run.

Real shame, because what I saw so far is amazing and I want to see the story continue.
Get that sorted out quick, please?
Yup, given up because the time it takes me to reset my skills and finish reading a whole load of arm stuff is rendered useless when that darn alien kills me. So frustrating! They are not going to sort it out though given that ep two is 3 times later than original estimates - looks like they have abandoned this. Ah well!