Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2014, 03:48 AM
markybola markybola is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Default Parasol - 3D puzzler - Coming May 22 (by markybola)



Hey there, everyone!

With its release just around the corner, I think it's about time I told you guys about my new game, Parasol. Iím a one-man Australian developer and this is my first release. Itís just been approved by Apple, so Iím really excited to finally be able to share it with you.

Parasol forces you to think in three constantly changing dimensions. Using simple touches and gestures to manipulate the entire environment, up becomes down, left becomes right, and players must reorient themselves with their surroundings.

Players rotate the game world by sliding their finger and using twist gestures, and with a tap, tell Parasol to drop to a lower block. Reach the apple to finish the level.

Here's the teaser trailer:


Youtube link | Pop Up


Some screenshots:







Features

- Innovative 3D puzzle gameplay
- 40 levels
- Game Center achievements
- Unlockable hats
- No In-App Purchases


Parasol will be released worldwide on the 22nd of May for $0.99 USD, $1.29 AUD, £0.69, 0,89 Ä etc.

Thanks for checking out Parasol. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it!

- Mark


[url]www.markybola.com[/url]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 PM
copaeci copaeci is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ID
Posts: 1,272
Default

Looks fun, definitely check this out next week
Puzzle looks really innovative
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2014, 03:45 AM
markybola markybola is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
Looks fun, definitely check this out next week
Puzzle looks really innovative
Cheers! Hope you enjoy it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2014, 06:07 AM
anuloid anuloid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markybola View Post
Features

- Innovative 3D puzzle gameplay
- 40 levels
- Game Center achievements
- Unlockable hats
- No In-App Purchases


Parasol will be released worldwide on the 22nd of May for $0.99 USD, $1.29 AUD, £0.69, 0,89 Ä etc.

Thanks for checking out Parasol. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it!

- Mark
Really innovative puzzle model, will work great. The only impediment I think the monetization model you've choosen. Freemium model would probably work better in this case imho, say like Smash hit monetization model.
In general, really nice work done by one man only
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 AM
markybola markybola is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuloid View Post
Really innovative puzzle model, will work great. The only impediment I think the monetization model you've choosen. Freemium model would probably work better in this case imho, say like Smash hit monetization model.
In general, really nice work done by one man only
Thank you! As for the monetisation model, I wanted to keep it simple for my first game. I have some ideas for future projects which could use different models, but for this one it just felt neater to have the up-front premium which includes all the release content and any additions that may come later on.

Thanks again, it certainly was a task!
- Mark.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-16-2014, 10:05 AM
anuloid anuloid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markybola View Post
Thank you! As for the monetisation model, I wanted to keep it simple for my first game. I have some ideas for future projects which could use different models, but for this one it just felt neater to have the up-front premium which includes all the release content and any additions that may come later on.

Thanks again, it certainly was a task!
- Mark.
Based upon our experience, our freemium model turned to be 4-5 times more cost-effective than paid one (talking about the same game).
Anyway, lets hope you'll engage quality traffic for your game. Keep us informed how it's going on.

- My best
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent