iPad Air Cavalry - Combat Flight Simulator

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fillbiker, Jan 16, 2014.

1. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #2 chris1a, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Looking sweet! Do you have plans on adding a mission structure, enemies etc to it at some point? Right now it's all about the flying, and being able to blow random stuff up, right?

2. Fillbiker

Fillbiker Well-Known Member

Sure, missions will come in future updates

3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Whoa, great graphics! This looks really impressive. Looks like there's a nice variety of authentic helicopters, too.

4. Fillbiker

and next in development (right now I'm working on Mi-24) ;)

5. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #6 chris1a, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Great, thanks. I'm still not finished with Apache, but this is looking like a must-buy. Looks like the landscape (amongst other things) have gotten quite a bump in the graphics department compared to the Apache and Blackshark sims. I likey :D

6. Fillbiker

Yes, landscape is pretty important and is very difficult to create something nice for a mobile platform. I'm proud of what I've done in this sim.:)

7. Fillbiker

Short trailer made on iPad (low fps because of online recording)

8. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Holy Schnickes ! Graphics on iPhone games have gotten ridiculously good, almost console worthy. This is an insta buy for me. Any plans for an Android version, I'd love to play this on my Nexus 7.

9. Fillbiker

I would like to make Android version in Q1 '14 if possible ;)

10. Fillbiker

Update 1.0.3 released

Today is finally released next update!
    Added first campaign missions package and new helicopter Mi-24 Hind with virtual cockpit for both pilot and gunner!
    Also app size was reduced (70% OFF !!!!).

And finally, today ON SALE ($4.99 -> $0.99)

Hope you enjoy!

11. Fillbiker

12. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Looks amazing. Waiting for the Pro update here. By the way, when using the FLIR or any zoom-in really, the framerate really dips quite low on my iPad Air. If you could find a way to up the frame rate in zoomed-in views somehow, it would be great. I know it's a resource heavy sim, but I'd take a few cut backs over low frame rate. Anyway, lookin forward to the update!

13. Fillbiker

Thank you for this feedback, I will look on it for sure. The biggest fps eater is Black/white effect in FLIR view, I can lower a distance view to help it a bit but it doesn't look good. :( I will try to tweak it somehow. Now testing the PRO version and searching for bugs.

14. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Hm. Yea, you do wanna keep the FLIR zoom somewhat good since it's one of the cool/fun mechanics in a sim like this (being able to hover out of site while popping vehicles etc from a distance with the FLIR). All resource heavy games with long zooms struggles more with the framerate with the increased objects etc to draw, so it is to be expected I guess. And it's not unplayable though by any means, just a minor observation. Anyway keep up the awesome work on these sims, they're one of a kind on the AppStore! :)

15. Reginald

Reginald New Member

May 11, 2014
    looks great!

Was just wondering if you have real maps? what sort of terrain have you got?

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I am a long-time fan of all your heli sims! Don't realise you have got a new game with much improved engine (and a price drop too). Nevermind, buy button smashed...

17. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #18 chris1a, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    And it just got another big update the other day with a new heli, a new environment (carrier ops), and other things. So it's a growing sim (like the other sim Apache, which got bigger and better all the time).

Btw, an optional clear, readable, HUD overlay on all heli's would probably be a good addition. The 3D cockpit instruments do mostly work, but can sometimes be a bit if a pain to get clear readouts from when in a hurry (and if you're view is zoomed out too much etc).

18. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    What a gorgeous simulator!!! I can't stop playing it!!! I was wondering if you think to add more counter rotating engine helicopters like the Sikorsky X2?

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #20 currymutton, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Problem: deliberately shutdown the engine mid-air and expect the chopter blades to auto-rotate on descend but apparently, the chopter just drops straight to ground...

Also, whenever I did and soft-landing and cut the engine, the chopter just slides backwards, all the time...