★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Haha, sorry! I didn't mean to blow you off. I do appreciate your support and for spreading the word about our game!

The game is made with GameMaker Studio.
07-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgainsbrugh View Post
I really like this game. But could the developer please do something to make the tiny font bigger for the iPhone? It's killing my eyeballs ! Thanks.
Seriously Zack the sprites and fonts are TINY. It's putting me off playing, which is a shame.

07-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by handhoney View Post
Durp! I don't know why it wouldn't work before. I mean I THOUGHT I tried pushing the "A" button! Maybe I just needed encouragement. :P

Thanks man. Seems to be working nicely now.
It seems to go dumb and get stuck on loading and not letting you click A... The touch controls need revamping so im not hitting the middle of the d-pad to select left
07-10-2014, 10:13 AM
@Rattyfus: Sorry about that. I'll look into improving the UI over time, though admittedly it might take a bit. I can definitely make a few immediate corrections to help improve visibility, though.

@Dymonic: If this happens, wait a few seconds and try again. There's currently a bug that causes this to happen but it will "time out" after 10 seconds and allow you to tap again and it'll force the message to continue. This will be solved entirely in the upcoming patch as soon as Apple approves it. The touch controls will also be completely revamped very soon.
07-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Zack,

Game seems super fun so far. Raised my char to level 6 before I decided to buy. Kudos on:

1. Making a fantasy game that isn't visually geared towards people under 15 years of age.
2. That's complex
3. And doesn't scream "look at me, I'm an homage to old school games", but instead IS a straight up homage.

I'm going to recommend this to my android-owning buddy. The free to try pricing scheme reminds me of the good old days where DOS games had these magical things called "demos" that came on floppys with PC mags, and let the consumer make his purchase based on the rational economic theory model of decision-making lol.

Can't wait for the dungeon speed fix. Also, quick question: are there any plans, or extant methods, of viewing a complete catalogue of monsters you haven't caught? It's been awhile since my 6th grade Pokemon days, but it'd be nifty to check how many more I have to catch.

Omg and I almost forgot: permadeath and random monster tiers and all them difficulty settings in the beginning? FREAKING AMAZING!

PS: your studio's name is hysterical, are you a fan of the "howling" movies, or just an animal enthusiast, cause I'm willing to bet that there're probably a max of 3 zoologists at a university somewhere that know what a thylacine is lmao.

Last edited by CalinR; 07-10-2014 at 10:25 AM.
07-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks CalinR! The support is very much appreciated!

You can talk to the librarian to view a bestiary of the creatures you've already summoned, along with a running total at the top that shows the number you've summoned compared to the number that is currently available in the game. You can't view creatures you haven't already summoned, though. I think that would spoil the surprise .

Last edited by ThylacineStudios; 07-10-2014 at 10:29 AM.
07-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThylacineStudios View Post
Thanks CalinR! The support is very much appreciated!

You can talk to the librarian to view a bestiary of the creatures you've already summoned, along with a running total at the top that shows the number you've summoned compared to the number that is currently available in the game. You can't view creatures you haven't already summoned, though. I think that would spoil the surprise .
Thanks for the reply, that's also a super reasonable way to make the first playthrough sweet. I actually remembered a second question I had, since I haven't played enough to figure out: I think the creatures' health regens to full after every battle. Is this a conscious decision, or some kind of easy mode I accidently turned on? I'm literally only on the second floor of the first dungeon, so my party's leveling up after every fight, and 1 hit ko-ing almost everything. Does the health always regen after battles, or only on level up? Thanks in advance.
07-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Your creatures' health is intentionally regenerated after each fight. The early game is designed to be pretty easy, but rest assured that the difficulty will ramp up as you progress!
07-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThylacineStudios View Post
Your creatures' health is intentionally regenerated after each fight. The early game is designed to be pretty easy, but rest assured that the difficulty will ramp up as you progress!
Awesome, again, much obliged.
07-10-2014, 11:17 AM
the font size is really small
fix it please i cant play anymore
except this thing it's very funny