★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Pretty much sums up why I will no longer be investing in the appstore.

Tired of seeing games just disappear from my Purchased list, especially ones I've paid for and not got round to playing. Also apps will be removed if the developer decides not to bother paying for the Dev programme anymore.

You won't see this madness on PC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
04-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Pretty much sums up why I will no longer be investing in the appstore.

Tired of seeing games just disappear from my Purchased list, especially ones I've paid for and not got round to playing. Also apps will be removed if the developer decides not to bother paying for the Dev programme anymore.

You won't see this madness on PC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I fully agree with you,this is the end pretty much but I'll still buy what I can cause i won't be updating since my device is not compatible with iOS 11,suggesting other people to do the same.
04-21-2017, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
Glad I recently finished this game.

This is a much Apples problem as it is the publisher.

*Apple for consistently releasing updates which force devs to upgrade their apps.
*The big publishers, like 2K, who knowingly release these premium titles without the intention of providing support or updates.

I guess also, us the consumer as we also knew we bought into Apple's release ecosystem.
Considering a switch to another platform if this device ever stops working.

For now, no more games from 2K or the other big offenders.
Wow, 2K really do suck when it comes to iOS, don't they?

Apple don't make it easy for developers, I agree, but I guess we should see the 64-bit requirement as a new generation, like Sony abandoning the PS3 for PS4. Ultimately, it might end up ensuring we get better games. Might.

That said, I don't update my OS unless I get a compelling reason. Still on iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 (and iPad Mini), and would probably rather get a new battery rather than a new phone in the next year or two.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589