★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-27-2016, 04:55 PM
To someone who never played the first version how approachable is this game? Does it feature a proper tutorial or we're completely on our own? There seems to be a lot of depth to it.

I'm not experienced with monster collecting games such as this one but have long experience with dungeon crawlers and roguelikes since their inception so I'm unsure if I would enjoy this. Advice please!
08-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Here's a play through from a guy who's played the first. His experience really helps to sell the game I think.
Looks good

https://youtu.be/C12wW4nr6Ew

08-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claud View Post
To someone who never played the first version how approachable is this game? Does it feature a proper tutorial or we're completely on our own? There seems to be a lot of depth to it.

I'm not experienced with monster collecting games such as this one but have long experience with dungeon crawlers and roguelikes since their inception so I'm unsure if I would enjoy this. Advice please!
To be quite honest it is actually way more approachable than the first one was. If you have experience with dungeon crawlers and turn based rpgs youll feel right at home.

Note that there is A LOT of customization and options to learn, it has a long learning curve, but you will learn as you go, the tutorial is basic but does the job to make you start. As long as youre not affraid to hit some menus and try things to see what they do you wont encounter issues.

It feels a bit like those w-rpgs from the 90s (like might and magic for instance) where you had to learn a lot by yourself, it is more modern than those though and guides you a bit more (and does explain every single game terms and specific game mechanics so you wont just wander through the unknown with the : what the heck is "crusade status" ? feeling...

I say for 5$ you cant go wrong, its incredible value for the price
08-27-2016, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThylacineStudios View Post
There is gamepad support, but with so many gamepads available it's difficult to say which ones work and which don't.
My Steel Series Nimbus is totally unresponsive within the game, so I'm assuming other Mfi controllers will be as well. That's ok, still very excited to dig into the game - just wanted to report back.

If Mfi controllers are ever supported that'd be sweet, but definitely not a deal breaker in a turn based game by any means.
08-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citronaut View Post

If Mfi controllers are ever supported that'd be sweet, but definitely not a deal breaker in a turn based game by any means.
That's honestly refreshing to hear that in these forums 👍👊🏽
08-28-2016, 03:15 AM
Never played the first game, as it looked confusing to me. Big mistake on my part, though, as I'm absolutely loving Siralim 2. Having a great time.

----
Just a few minor things that to share:

01 - When I started the game, during the tutorial in Vertraags domain, I had a look in the options to change the size and locations of the D-Pad/Buttons. When I pressed the option to decrease the size, I got a long error pop up (something about an illegal action) and the game froze. Had to restart entirely.

I never thought to get a screenshot, sorry. Nor have I been able to replicate it. So it's probably a one-off, but I thought I would mention it regardless. Can't hurt anyway.

02 - I'm playing on the iPhone 6s, and it feels like the game occasionally hitches very slightly when changing direction (like when going left directly to right). Happens now and then.

03 - When moving up and down, I'm seeing black lines pop up. I think they're grid lines showing up from the tiles, but only horizontal and only when moving up and down. Doesn't occur when moving left to right. Wasn't sure if this is normal or not, so figured I'd share.
------

In any case, I'm having a great time with it.
08-28-2016, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claud View Post

It's a lot more approachable than the first one, (been playing this on steam for a few weeks) though that was fun to play as well, but there is so much more to do in this version compared to the first and it has a lot more synergy.
You will get dozens if not hundreds of hours out of the game......trust me.
08-28-2016, 03:34 AM
Great RPG

I tried the first one for free cause i didn't knew this game. After playing for an hour, bought this one. It's an amazing game.
Sorry for my poor english.
08-28-2016, 04:03 AM
Played the first one on phone just a bit but ended up buying it on PS4. This one seems superior and I like the clean new look.

A couple things:
-124mb install size
-Can play offline
-Small graphics bug: There are lines in environment that follow the player around as they walk. A bright horizontal line and a faded vertical line typically.

With a couple other good premium games released this week, this has been one exciting (and expensive) week.
08-28-2016, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septim View Post
Played the first one on phone just a bit but ended up buying it on PS4. This one seems superior and I like the clean new look.

A couple things:
-124mb install size
-Can play offline
-Small graphics bug: There are lines in environment that follow the player around as they walk. A bright horizontal line and a faded vertical line typically.

With a couple other good premium games released this week, this has been one exciting (and expensive) week.
Are you playing this on a PS4 or iPhone (6)? I had the same graphic issue during the first game on an iPhone 6 but bought Siralim 2 on my SE and no graphic problema anymore.

Kinda seems like it's an iPhone 6 thinghy