★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeblue000 View Post
How's the gameplay?
Watch the stream on Thursday night.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
02-16-2017, 01:54 PM
Wow! This game is absolutely awesome! I really recommend it. Tried on my iPhone 6 and works like a charm. Can't stop playing it, so many levels, so many new things... absolutely worth it. It reminds me of the beloved Thomas was Alone, is it strange that I fall in love with a square?

02-16-2017, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Watch the stream on Thursday night.
Ok thanx I'll try to catch it I might just pick it up anyway just trying to finish some games so I can make room on my Ipad I was just wondering if people are playing this and if they're having fun

Last edited by yankeeblue000; 02-16-2017 at 02:31 PM.
02-16-2017, 07:34 PM
This looks adorable!

My question would be what's the overall gameplay besides dealing with the immediate situation?

i.e. Is this mostly just a fun survive game, or is the more to it than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Is there an endless mode on the way? The game looks pretty cool.
02-16-2017, 11:05 PM
Seems like people like the look of this game, and are attracted to it, but some may be holding off buying because they don't understand enough about the game.

řƹȡ1
02-17-2017, 01:42 AM
Bought this game and I'm really impressed with the level of polish, as others already mentioned.
Gameplay wise you start each level with a 1x1 cube.

You float in some sort of space and can navigate around, e.g. towards coins. Other blocks will be shot your way and you need to connect your cube with the ones that are your color. Your cube then fuses the new block and you need to grow your cube to a 9x9 and 16x16 until you meet the level requirement. There are 2 secondary objectives per level as well like turning your cube 360 degrees, getting all coins in a level.

Difficulty increases as more other colored blocks and mines which destroy parts of your cube are shot. All the while you need to make sure new blocks are attached in a cubelike way (and not random so you end up with an 8x2 for instance).

Things stay manageable by fusing special blocks like a coin magnet, a shield, a cannon that zaps enemy blocks,...

You collect a workshop currency that lets you upgrade your special blocks across levels.

On top is a light story explaining why your block wants to achieve more 'blockiness'. It's well done and adds to the atmosphere and polish.
02-17-2017, 07:24 PM
Oh, and the stickers look adorable! (sorry, direct linking that image didn't work...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 02-17-2017 at 07:28 PM.
02-19-2017, 05:20 AM
I wish it had iCloud support for savegames.
02-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Hi! My name is Pablo, I'm the developer behind Evergrow.

Thanks a lot guys! I'm just thrilled with the great response the game is getting! The last few days have been crazy and incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav9000
I wish it had iCloud support for savegames.
This is coming. It's not in 1.0 just because I wanted to test it a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs
Oh, and the stickers look adorable! (sorry, direct linking that image didn't work...)
Thanks! Here is a direct link the that stickers GIF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno
Is there an endless mode on the way? The game looks pretty cool.
It's funny you ask! The prototype for this game was endless. I changed this after the initial play testing, as people preferred something level-based. But an endless mode is certainly in the roadmap.

I have exciting stuff planned for future updates. Right now I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible, so I'd love to hear suggestions for new features and improvements.

Again, thank you!

Cheers,
Pablo

Evergrow is available now on the App Store!
Follow Evergrow on Twitter: @evergrowgame